Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Greece
  • brassneck

I love Cephalonia, but Myrtos was a rubbish dump the one time I went there – glorious from the cliffs, grotty on the beach 🙁

Skala is (was) lovely – I last went about 8 years ago, and there was a lot of development work starting – prior to that it was hippy little village, very relaxed, outdoor cinema screen in one of the bars, lovely beach etc

I think you can get a ferry to Sami from Italy, so maybe it’s an easier drive?

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of camping, caravanning and road trips – I’m just not sure that taking a caravan to Greece is either one or the other

Driving down through France, Switzerland and Italy.. what’s not to like? Great scenery, cool stuff to see… The caravan is simply a matter of choice versus camping and B&B etc – each with their advantages and disadvantages.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For sure Molgrips but your OP focussed on Greece so it appeared to me you wanted to get to Greece then ‘start’ your caravanning holiday on a beach there.

Whatever you do, when you get there, find a nice taverna and order gigantes as a starter followed by kleftiko.

Food of the Gods I tells ya’.

molgrips
    Free Member

My caravan needs a run before the tyres go square…

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Enjoyed some of the best times of my life in Crete. A fantastic place to get on a motorbike and do some riding in the mountains. Riding through all the little non tourist villages is good too. I can still smell all the herbs growing on the side of the road baking in the heat and wafting up my nose. Greeks are decent folk too. The food always seems to be good and not too expensive. Also I feel much safer on the roads when I ride a motorcycle in the greek islands than in this country and the cops are far more forgiving! I have found Crete to be the best island in Greece up to now anyway. I have been to quite a few and thats the only one I have been back to and I will go again too!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The less touristy parts of Crete are nice for sure.

My favourite island is Paxi (Paxos) – a tiny dot just below Corfu.

Jamie
    Free Member

My caravan needs a run before the tyres go square…

Probably shouldn’t have bought it then?

cb

Pelion is nice – very quiet

molgrips
    Free Member

Probably shouldn’t have bought it then?

I believe it’s not uncommon for caravanning and camping to be done less during the winter months…!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Greece’ is closed to new replies.