Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Great weekend for riding, what did you do? I met Simon Barnes
  • Tracey

We went up to Coniston for Georges 50th birthday bash. Had two great days riding. Probably the best days riding we have had in the UK this year and I met Simon Barnes [does he have pics of my bum].

Katie was on her new steed and was well impressed.

Did an epic for the first time yesterday and then a quicky today

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1754763.html

Tracey

Drac

Went to Machynlleth, drank too much Friday, died Saturday and then rode the Maddwach trail today, had ice-cream rode back and drove home. Great weekend though.

taka
    Free Member

katies bike looks ace 😉

didmatt
    Free Member

Its another SX trail owner! I share your pain with having to do abit of hiking with a bike with those! Nice pics too, im jealous as i didn't get chance to get out this weekend! 🙁

Kahurangi

Lakes for he first time in an age, did a nice loop taking in lots of good rock and lots of bad bog.
    Shap – Old Corpse Road – Nan Bield – Mosedale – Shap
    love the new bike and no major falls although I did run out of water!

mudhound
    Free Member

Marshalled today at DH race, 300 racers and must have whistled 1,000 or so times over 9 hours or so, loads of crashes and a few timing and rider incident issues on walky talkies and a bit of flagging – excellent experience.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

did a calderdale skills day with ed oxley today, around the hebden local trails… and it was great. all 3 of us learned a lot and ed is a great teacher, really can't recommend him highly enough.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Katie's bike is looking good 8) . Yep, twas a fantastic weekend. Rode the local woods today and hopefully Cwmcarn tomorrow (dontcha just love having Mondays off :mrgreen: )

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Tracey bends over for the camera:

kickin pink shorts :o)

I met SFB today but I doubt he photo'd my arse.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I met SFB today but I doubt he photo'd my arse.

a) not for the first time though
    b) I have loads of shots of your arse John Boy – I'd not like you to feel left out :o)

Junkyard
    Free Member

sat at home all weekend resting for my coast to coast extravagance and just look at the weather 😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sat at home all weekend resting

I'm not convinced one day feeds into another unless you totally wreck yourself. I plan to do all my resting in one go when I'm dead.

dawson

did an edale loop saturday morning – i did it jacobs ladder first, mam tor last and seemed to be the only one going in that direction. A couple of kind people held gates open for me – a cyclist and a walker!

My answer was to say "thank you, that's very kind" – cringe-tastic!

I'm glad i got there early – the car park at edale was over-flowing when i got back to the car

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I found another:

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Went hay timing, got drunk, cycled round coniston, went to a gig, went to the bmx trails and walked up hodge close

Well boring weekend

Wow that's got to be at least 3 years ago Simon??!!??

fizzer
    Free Member

"Great weekend for riding, what did you do? I met Simon Barnes"

yeah I met Simon Barnes too. Twice in fact 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Went to the Lake District. It was ace:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have almost exactly the same shot:

Kit
    Free Member

Where's that then?! 😀

Mikkel
    Free Member

went for a 30km loop on Fanø, which involved 10km of riding on the beach.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Where's that then?

Bleak Rigg, NY 188 185, with High Stile on the horizon (across Buttermere)

freeridenick
    Free Member

shortbread, any chance of a route outline, looks great but i suspect cheeky ?? 😀

slowrider
    Free Member

tracey, where do you go for your resprays?

cheers.

tell your nipper her bike looks ace!

lowey

Didnt ride. Spent all day sat and sun looking for cars :(((((

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Missed out on the lovely weather on Sat but rode the Dark Peak Kinder Circuit on Sunday. This was the first time riding this loop and thoroughly enjoyed something different in the Peaks. Tough, tough climbs and very technical descents.

Met a cool couple and their collies that I shared Hollins Cross and Rushop Edge with but apart from that all the other riders were coming from the opposite direction.

Great pics shortbread, looks fantastic.

yoshimi

I wernt camping at Cwmcarn and did the uplift with Faz – had a few nasty moments but luckily no breaks. Full of bruises this morning, hard to peel myself out of bed.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

White Peak on Sunday; saw a couple of riders between Copy Wood and Rowsley Wood but that was it – very quiet

pennine
    Free Member

Didn't go near a bike this weekend 🙁
    Saturday – took son back to uni in Newcastle
    Sunday – wife away so domestic stuff & driving experience for daughter (test due).

stumpy01

No bike riding this weekend

– went to London for the day on Saturday, had lunch at Covent Garden, did one of the London Walks (something to do with spies) and then had tea & a scone in a cake shop on Regents St.

– Sunday I dug a big hole & filled it with concrete to stick the washing drier thing in. Sore back & hamstrings today!

thefallguy
    Free Member

Had a great weekend enjoying the sun in lakeland camping in Torver.
    Saturday did Parkamoor & Tilberthwaite loop of Coniston route taken from the VG book, great ride although we were out longer than anticipated (partly due to us taking in the north face red to the visitor centre and getting lost and losing the BW between Blawith and Torver 🙁

Sunday A.M was Keswick – Threlkeld – Glenderterra – and the lovely drop back into Keswick. P.M. Catbells – Grange – Seatoller – Castle Crag – Grange – Catbells – Keswick.

60 hard miles (for me anyway) slept well last night, happy days 😀

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i did a 60km ride on Saturday. it was brilliant, got burnt, ran out of water, almost dry trails 🙂

sunday i was quite tired so took a gentle pootle to recover.

pics of the lakes looking great, not been there nearly enough this year.

Tracey

A firm in Castleford, LSN Coatings, 01977604461

Tracey

mrsflash
    Free Member

We were staying with Mr Nettles and we rode round Cranham Woods with him and Bushwhacked and Sheldon and Dan and it was ace.

devs
    Free Member

Went to a funeral. Played rugby, ruptured my calf. Can hardly walk but managed to bike 5 miles very slowly yesterday to collect my car after commiserating too hard on sat night.

Euro
    Free Member

Sat: worked for 11 hours and on the way home, hit the local dirt jumps 'til the sun went down.

Sun: worked for 9 hours and did the same, only for a few hours more, :mrgreen:

grumm
    Free Member

Saturday – Grizedale – Fox, Hole in the Wall, Breasty Haw, Lawson Park, Riverbed etc – lovely stuff. Still surprisingly wet on the ground though, I guess a forest takes a while to dry out.

Sunday: Gentle pootle on the road bike out to Morecambe, which was absolutely packed and looking lovely.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Guided Dave Gorman on his cycle tour from Leicester to Stoke on Trent on saturday, prepped my SX for sale and sat around being lazy yesterday.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Wow Dave G!!
    find his work really interesting from photographs to TV stuff..

liked his USA road trip via privately owned petrol stations great to watch.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Great weekend for riding, what did you do? I met Simon Barnes’ is closed to new replies.