Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Great Local Bike shop sells out
  • PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I guess everyone has a price, but this (click) place had a great reputation (click) for service. Last time I was in they offered me 10% discount on a Croozer trailer, better than web prices. No chance of seeing that deal anymore.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Shame, real shame 🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don't know them but if they're keeping the same staff, fingers crossed they'll keep the same level of service.

akira

Do you know any of the Evans guys involved, probably not, do you know the guy looking after the shops, probably not, but I guess you can judge in advance with no knowledge or details how good the shop will be.
    There are some great guys involved in this deal who are working really hard to make it work, maybe wait and see before you judge?
    Also we price match. 😀
    Not really meaning to have a rant but sometimes get a bit sick of the constant bashing.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

If you are sick of the constant bashing then do something about your customer service, perhaps train yours staff to some basic knowledge of the products they are selling. yes Evans is convenient and well stocked, but your reputation among dedicated cyclists is well deserved in my experience

akira

Penrod, unfortunately I don't wield quite that amount of power. 😉
    I've always tried to ensure that in whatever capacity and in whatever store I've worked in that everyone has a good product knowledge and currently everyone in store has a pretty good base knowledge, problem is you get someone in who is young and enthusiastic and you can see has potential but has a basic knowledge, do you give them a try and then they learn as they go or only hire people with an encyclopedic bike knowledge? Pay in bike shops isn't great, as anyone who works in the trade will know, so often you need staff and have to take a chance on someone then after they are trained they leave or move to another store. We do training and mystery customers and certainly take any complaints very seriously.
    Since we are now such a big company it would be virtually impossible to eliminate all customer service issues but we do try.
    Anyway this is all getting a bit long winded, basically some of us are the good guys and we do try. I can't speak for the whole company but I'm always open to constructive criticism and admit there is always room for improvement.

mrchrispy

gotta give them credit for that.
    personally I don't mind evans…its always good for a little bike p0rn when the wife is shopping in town

Sonor
    Free Member

but your reputation among dedicated cyclists is well deserved in my experience

I don't think this is Evans primary market these days, albeit unintentionally.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Great Local Bike shop sells out’ is closed to new replies.