Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Great British Bake Off: Baked Alaska-gate
  • WackoAK
    Free Member

Ofcom getting involved.. Guardian Linkage

lemonysam
    Free Member

Anyhow, this is clearly what happens when a show has to start appealing to a BBC 1 audience.

slowoldman

I’m with discoduck on this one. He should have kicked off big style. Maybe some blowtorch on tent action. Instead he politely throws it away. Wuss.

benji
    Free Member

If that was a hissy fit, it was rubbish, should have decorated the tent with his molten mess, then slammed the old ladies face into hers, before shoulder barging the odd camera person out of the way.

It really is not a news worthy story, but then again who would have ever thought coronation street would be mentioned in the house of commons.

back2basics
    Free Member

as per normal the beeb take an excellent show from bbc2 and totally destroy it with constant advertising down your throat and “ramping it up” with dodgy cutting, and them some crappy bbc2 program to tell you about the bbc1 program you just watched but in a “funny way”

paul and mary will be leaving this little show soon and that will be it.

slowoldman

😮 Don’t diss The Street

DezB
    Free Member

paul and mary will be leaving this little show soon and that will be it.

IT?? OMG.

wwaswas

The sun are treating it sensitively;

jambalaya
    Free Member

Supposedly Ofcom is considering an investigation after receiving 800 complaints !! Hopefully it won’t waste any time or money in doing such a thing.

I still cannot get over the fact people are speaking about this like it’s a current event, this all happened 3 months ago

wwaswas

Ofcom is considering an investigation after receiving 800 complaints

link above says 13.

BBC has had 800.

DezB
    Free Member

“Hundreds complain to the Beeb (yes, seriously)”
    ..The Sun puts on it’s front page.

Cougar

..The Sun puts on it’s front page.

I do wonder sometimes. Spotted the Sun on a newsstand the other day, and their full page headline was, paraphrasing ‘small girl swears on the Internet’.

DezB
    Free Member

‘small girl swears on the Internet’... “check the tits on page 3.”

njee20
    Free Member

I’m with discoduck on this one. He should have kicked off big style. Maybe some blowtorch on tent action. Instead he politely throws it away. Wuss.

But that was just the editing, she didn’t actually do anything wrong, that’s the issue.

Did anyone on the show say anything about it being Gangsta Granny’s fault, no, that was just what you were lead to believe.

Cougar

small girl swears on the Internet

Just looked to find it and I can’t, so I might have to retract that statement. Could’ve sworn it was the Sun. It was only like yesterday or the day before.

EDIT: may have been the Birmingham Mail rather than a national. Ignore me.

slowoldman

Ah, so someone else left the bearded one’s ice cream out. Who was it? Name and shame.

imnotverygood

The issue takes up the whole of the 3rd page of the Guardian, complete with analysis by Ruby Tandoh. It is pretty clear the bearded one does blame the granny for wrecking his ice cream, even if she didn’t do it deliberately.

slowoldman

Ah well Jo Brand will get to the bottom of it tonight.

andyl
    Free Member

This is all I have to say on the matter:

zippykona

Mrs Zip is watching the follow on programme. I am leaving the room.
    Jeeeeeeeeezus.

Eyepic
    Free Member

z1ppy – Member

PS: Also find it surprising that during the hottest period of this year, they couldn’t supply some extra cooling to the tent, especially when the contestants are making ice-cream.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS

The real problem was that the BBC failed to give them the right kit to do the job on the day… The Frezers were all virtually empty so when they were opened multiple time (as people were shareing frezers) they lost all their cooled air.

BBC cover up by editing old lady as scape goat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A bit gallows humour, but tomorrow’s Telegraph front page….

#juxtaposition

slowoldman

There has to be some seriously bad news being leaked under radar on a day like today.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Great British Bake Off: Baked Alaska-gate’ is closed to new replies.