Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Graze boxes……
  • bagpuss72
    Free Member

On my 4th one now novelties worn off now its not free and I’m paying around 30p per cashew nut….. 😯

Anyone else get them delivered to work?

Plus a lot of it looks similar to this I’m sure they’re buying it from B&Q……

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I had a free one, but didn’t bother with it after that – prefer to make up my own, cheaper and nicer.

*can’t take any more threads about food/dieting today, i’m super hungry and this isn’t helping!*

Jamie
    Free Member

Signed up the other week on an offer. Got 3 delivered for £3.49. Changed the options so all I got was flapjacks and focacias with a few choccy things. Had them all delivered on the one day then cancelled 8)

As a full time thing its insanely expensive….especially as I would need about 3 boxes to fill myself up.

soobalias
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike – Member
    prefer to make up my own, cheaper and nicer.

*checks box*
    pine nuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, macadamia, cranberry, raisin, apricot, pineapple, walnut, hazlenut
    *replaces lid*

by the look of it, i would be doing £3.49 twice a day

crazy-legs

I’m getting bored of mine as well now. Will probably cancel after the one that’s due tomorrow. Wasn’t too bad when they were free or half price!

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I’m going to walk down to Holland and Barrett at lunchtime as they have a buy one thing get the next at 1p offer on stock up on the stuff I like, they do stop me eating the biscuits at work though so that bits true

fbk
    Free Member

Had them for the past few weeks. I think they’re pretty good – not sure how long I’ll carry on but I like the fact that there’s a lot of variety. Yes you could get similar for less money, but that would mean buying larger amounts so I’d just end up eating more….if that makes sense? 🙂

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Actually you have a point am I going to start eating my own body weight in Brazil nuts if I buy a kilo bag…..!! 😯

I guess if you were dedicated enough you could make up little tubs each week to bring into work…..

fbk
    Free Member

I guess if you were dedicated enough you could make up little tubs each week to bring into work…..

Yep – that’s the sensible thing to do! My other half did that for me for a few days but soon got bored and I’m not organised enough 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

forgot to cancel mine, so just got a full-payment one. i’ll be cancelling, but they’ve filled this weeks with chocolate and flapjack to tempt me to stay!

bagpuss72
    Free Member

When you click on ‘end deliveries’ which is REALLY hard to find they offer you another 5 at a quid off, they is like proper drug dealers innit….. 😯

bagpuss72
    Free Member

BUT… yes they put some chocolate covered coffee beans in my ‘healthy’ option box to make me bow to their wiles….

STATO
    Free Member

I get them, if you ‘Bin’ all the seed options then you do actually end up getting sent nice stuff (todays new one was ‘Jaffa Cake’, ie. chocolate buttons, orange rasins and hazel nuts, delicious!).

Id quite happily go to holland and barret if there was one i could get to easilly outside of work hours, however im sure wouldnt end up getting the varied selection i do from Graze.

Tried a few supermarkets for alternatives and quite frankly they are rubbish, taste like dust and no juicyness at all. The stuff you get from Graze is VERY good quality, you just need to take the time to Rate things so you dont end up with a box of seeds.

For me its not about replacing my lunch (as others say you dont get a lot for you £3.50), its just about putting a healthy snack infornt of me rather than the easy alternative of Mars bars and all that.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

STATO – Member

Todays new one was ‘Jaffa Cake’, ie. chocolate buttons, orange rasins and hazel nuts, delicious!).

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy I had that one too was ACE!!!!

I agree on the mentality behind it I haven’t touched the biscuit tin in 4 weeks at work!! I agree the supermarket stuff is generally rubbish unless you buy the organic extra special stuff which ends up being more expensive than Graze.

twotonpredator

well i have just demolished a box of the wasapeas. amazing. but a complete rip off.

crazy-legs

+1 for what stato said, it is just so convenient and a lot healthier than going to the sweetie machine.
    I suspect that I’ll keep thinking about cancelling it but never actually do it!

portlyone

The lemon meringue is good too!

I see it as a lazy tax, I’m accustomed to them now 😉

I like the variety and it gets me eating fruit (I’m more of a savoury kinda guy).

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Portlyone, choose the cracked black pepper cashews they’re YUM

willard

Got my first (free) one today. Jolly nice!

I will re-evaluate its cost as time goes by, but it does help me avoid the dread cheese on toast that work tempts me with.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Ooooooooooooh Willard its much betterererer than cheese on toast for you Sir!

Oggles
    Free Member

I only stopped getting them because my card got cancelled after a CRC purchase. I never bothered to put my new payment details on there and renew it!

The ‘Jaffa cake’ mix is awesome! As are the flapjacks. But there must be something wrong with you if you like those Wasapeas 😯

portlyone

bagpuss – I de-selected the seeds ages ago and have all the nuts as high priority 🙂

jimmy

I got one once (not ordered by me) when I was doing my Environmental MSc. I looked at the pile of packaging left once I’d finished and looked up on their website about any ‘Green’ statements – they said ‘we are Green’. Then I wrote to them and told them this was literally (*see here) garbage because they were producing so much of it for each delivery, which in turn has its own oil-based delivery green consequences.

I got a very uppity reply saying “We make every effort to be green and we’ll bloody well continue”.

Bunch of erse.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I have a box of firey seeds free to a good home any takers? 😯 I’ll swap you for a flapjack…..? no…..? anyone……? no…..?

*sighs*

Surfr
    Free Member

I keep questioning the price, but right now I’m not even getting through a box a week so it;s not that costly. I tend to forget to eat them and I’ve got 2.5 boxes piled up on my desk and next weeks order already cancelled. I seem to go through phases of remembering to eat them and when I do I love them.

Interested to hear opinions of alternatives like Holand and Barrat though. We’ve got one in town but I’ve never been in.

portlyone

Put the seeds in bread dough/pizza base?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Holland & Barrett

You can get them to deliver instead of Graze….. get the same offers as is on in the store with the second item for 1p

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I’m going to sprinkle them on a salad Portlyone but cheers for that idea I’m trying to not eat bread 😥

iDave
    Free Member

I get them twice a week – means I don’t have to think about lunch on the days I’m at the office. Once all the seed options were binned I get a nice variety of tasty stuff.

wl
    Free Member

I laughed like hell when I saw an ad for these. Simple business idea made possible by slick branding – taking dosh off folk with more money than sense. Bit like Howies.

iDave
    Free Member

more money than sense

I get to work, lunch is in my mail box, for less £ than in the cafe up the road. No flaffing. Maybe I could save 67p by gathering all the ingredients together myself, but I doubt if there would be the same variety. That makes perfect sense to me.

wl
    Free Member

“lunch”?! Are you human?

portlyone

I double up on the Greggs’ pasties the day after if that makes me more human 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Graze boxes……’ is closed to new replies.