Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • gravity enduro
  • ben10
    Free Member

Hi all has anyone done a gravity enduro thinking about doing some im runing a leffty at the min dont know if the bike right for that kind of facing.iv only seen the 661 meetings dont know if anyone else runs them wounderd what pepole thorght of them

nickhead
    Free Member

take a look at this here thread

Saw a least one guy on a Cannondale with Lefty at the Ae round, most of the trails are on red grade level trail centre type tracks, with the exception of Ae which used the Downhill track for seeding and the final stage… i imagine Innerleithen will be farily gnarly too.

At the end of the day, its less about the bike and more about riding at a level you feel comfortable with – there are guys on hardtails beating folks on 6 inch all-mountain bikes, and most of the time there are routes around the bigger drops… I say give it a go, you’ll probably enjoy it!

Northwind

Depends on a lot of things… Frinstance, looking at the innerleithen round, I could ride it all on my rigid XC bike. I’m not going to obviously, I’m not a moron… But you certainly don’t need whatever the on-trend bike is.

I’ll be doing it on the big bike mind, seems a waste not to. But since I’m going to be practically last, I don’t suppose it matters that much.

Mr_E
    Free Member

I did the Kielder round on a 4 inch travel Anthem and had great fun, but I did run out of travel on quite a few occasions.
    Just go with whatever bike you have got and enjoy yourself!

Parr
    Free Member

Mr E has got it spot on 😀

Xylene
    Free Member

I take it a gravity Enduro is where you push/crawl to the top then do a timed section down.

Northwind

Nah, it’s timed descents and untimed connection stages, sort of like a rally… Usually designed to be ridden up as well as down. I don’t know how the timings work for the Gravity Enduro series, whether it’d be practical to push up, but the Innerleithen Racing ones are definately pushable. But far nicer ridden up I reckon.

RHSno2
    Free Member

A certain mr Dan Darwood used to run a lefty and it didn’t slow him down. Just do it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘gravity enduro’ is closed to new replies.