Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Gravity Dropper Turbo vs Pure Racing KS i7
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

please help you helpful little bunch! Swaaaaay me one way or the other on which to get….both the same price with remotes….

GD’s aint pretty, but i dont like that huge ball bag hanging down on the KS….

aesthetics aside, which will better overall??

also 27.2mm only so no other options and dont want to wait for ages for another company to release one…

(and also multi or standard in the GD)

jedi

which drops furthest? i’m after one 🙂

Liftman

Stick with a gravity dropper as it works.

Sending back my KSi7 for the second time as it has failed again on its second outing.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

not entirely sure jedi, i know GD do a 3 & 4″ version – same price mind!

interesting just the sort of thing im after hearing liftman! thats a bad experience if ever i heard one 🙁

steve_b77
    Free Member

How’s about one of the new X-Fusion ones?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

those x fusion ones arent out yet are they??? needed in the next month (which is when the next lots of ks i7s are due….

so its really between those two

come on guys please help meeeeeeeee a bit more….

Liftman

Both the KSi7 and Gravity droppers are 4″ drops although you can also get a 3″ drop gravity dropper.

Gravity dropper looks a bit fugly but the mechanics of it are pretty basic so there is little to go wrong, its easy to strip and service/lubricate.

The KSi7 is hydraulic, the remote lever is harder to operate than the GD one, it is just as fugly (with the exception of the coloured anodised bits) and in my experience it isnt reliable as in it wont stay up.

TheStationer
    Free Member

I have had an i7 for 3 or 4 months and apart from a small oil leak when I fitted the remote kit (which Neil at superstar sorted in under 3 days) I am very pleased with it ! The remote kit is not brilliant and the small nipple keeps sliding under pressure but I seem to have cured this problem by adding another nipple behind it. Dont forget the i7 comes with a two year warranty and good customer service from superstar (so far for me) !

jedi

anyone know what post of all the upy downy ones drops furthest?

jedi

anyone know what post of all the upy downy ones drops furthest?

juan
    Free Member

GD all the way. Lighter, stronger faster 😉 with a twist it works :p

duir
    Free Member

GD do a 5″ drop and a 30.9. It’s stupid easy to fix or overhaul, light and the company are v good at backup.

The downside is that they are ugly,the 5″ is tricky to get in the UK and the UK importers are reported to have an attitude and be a bit rude if you want help with one you bought direct from GD in America.

For me, someone that does a lot of remote rides in harsh conditions up here in Scotland, even when the GD is covered in cack and a bit worn, it still works. So for that kind of riding the GD is a no brainer over a complicated and unreliable design or the new breed of untested ones.

If you are only intersted in shiny kit and looking expensive then get one of the others to show off at your local trail centre and be happy to send it back every 5-10 rides!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

interesting points above, especialliy duir! i think looking at the reviews and the general feedback it seems gravity dropper ones are the way to go…..not the prettiest but id prefer reliability to be honest….

i do like that x fusion one though, but they are only in stock at jenson usa, where would you stand on warranty? sending it back to the us should something go wrong?

hmmmmmm GD it looks like to me

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.rasebike.com/rapid.htm

JEDI 9 inch drop

GD is just so reliable and has a lifetime guarantee not pretty but it just works and works and works. I would not get anything else personally as mine has lasted years so far and is only just got a tiny bit of play now. Had a joplin nice and plush but much mor emaintenance and servicing. i dont htink I have ever replaced anything on my GD yet except when I upgraded to remote.

Liftman

The 5″ GD is 30.9 diameter only.

trailertrash

I live in scotland, got an i7, quite happy no problems, it’s nicely made so what seems like ugliness quickly changes to ‘form follows function’ and it looks fine. GS on the other hand is very ugly.

T666DOM

The wife got me the ksi7, not been out for a good ride on it yet but seems pretty smooth. Fashioned myself a cover from an old inner tube to protect the internals from the Yorkshire mud.

Mintyjim

Has anyone bought the X-Fusion Hilo yet?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper Turbo vs Pure Racing KS i7’ is closed to new replies.