Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gravity dropper routing help!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the gravity dropper comes with some stick on cable guides, unfortuntely mine wont even begin to dream of sticking 🙁

has anyone else had this problem? if so how did you cure it, or are there alternatives out there other than zip ties?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone? not a single reply from 4 days ago? i cant be the only one whos included cable things wont stick to the frame???

pleaseee it looks shite and mega scruffy just a cable hanging down 🙁

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I just cable tied mine to the gear cable outer that ran along my top tube, not the best looking but functions ok.

Hope that helps (a bit!) 🙂

IA

You can get cable guides that zip-tie on, I forget where from though! Try searching the usual online suspects?

big_scot_nanny

Oscillate Wildly – great name!

Also found stickers useless, I just used wee zip ties to tie to existing cables (specifically loosely attached to braided rear brake hose.

I hate the way the cable sticks out the back or front of the dropper seatpost, makes it very difficult to tuck it out the way.

HTH, sorry for the delay. 😉

Kev

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ooooooooohhh they sound intruiging! ill have a google for them!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

kev – cheers for that, slight problem are the way my gear cables are positioned, and thats they are on the opposite side to my GD 🙁

it would have been a cracking solution (one i had not though of anyways) but the GD cable is solely on its own, on one side 🙁

any further thoughts? ill still see if i can find these cable guide zip tie things though!

big_scot_nanny

❓ 🙂

khani
    Free Member

If you put a vbrake noodle where the cable comes out of the post it routes it down nicely rather than sticking straight out as well

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just found these

m:parts self adhesive cable guides

they seem to be getting rave reviews and only about a 5er! job done! cheers for the input!

big_scot_nanny

khani – Member
    If you put a vbrake noodle where the cable comes out of the post it routes it down nicely rather than sticking straight out as well

Excellent! Thanks!

Kev

a11y

khani – Member

I might have to try that too.

I remember seeing a product review of a “proper” part that does this, but can;t find the review now or the product online. Was in Dirt or MBR in the last few months but I don’t keep old copies of the mags. Anyone know?

firestarter
    Free Member

I use the spare slot on the ragley guides

Northwind

On the Mmmbop I use the cable fixings that are designed for hte job but I guess that’s not totally helpful 😉

On the Hemlock it’s just cable ties, very ugly but then it has a gravity dropper fitted so no amount of cable ties is even going to register on the uglyometer.

khani
    Free Member

I remember seeing a product review of a “proper” part that does this, but can;t find the review now or the product online. Was in Dirt or MBR in the last few months but I don’t keep old copies of the mags. Anyone know?

This

http://www.triddesign.com/products/gd-adapter.html

a11y

Yep, that’s exactly it – thanks!

Looks like a posher version of bodging it with a V-brake noodle, but given the price of the seatposts to begin with it can’t be much more. Can’t locate anywhere selling them though but I’ve fired an email off to them for help. If I get anywhere I’ll post back.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hey that’s a great little thing, please post if you find where they sell this it will make it a lot neater! *Awaits in anticipation*

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper routing help!’ is closed to new replies.