Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gravity dropper: how strong?
  • el_boufador

Hello I need a new seatpost, and reading the reviews, these adjustable jobbies sound the business.

However, I’m not light (14st) and would need to set the 400mm post on the limit for it to fit my bike – I like lots of seatpost showing.

Seatposts are also one of the items that I traditionally bend quite a lot (hence reason for being in the market for a new one!)

Anyone of a similar heft have any experience of this post? DOes it hold up well or not?

Cheers for any opinions shared

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one (1″ down, then all the way down 4″ turbo)

I am nearly 14 stone geared but don’t have any worries about strength, although I don’t know just how much seatpost you have exposed…

Search on mtbr, they are always discussing GD’s

psychle
    Free Member

I weigh in at around 90kg fully loaded and have had a GD for 3 years without any issues… I don’t do big drops/jumps or anything like that, and if you do then you’d have the seat post in it’s down position anyhow…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got 4 stone on you Bru, and the superstar one I have seems spot on to me..

el_boufador

cheers all,
    it’d have to be a gravity dropper as my frame is 27.2, so there are no other options.

giantjason
    Free Member

i am around 14 stone fully loaded and my GD Turbo has given me no problems.

one thing i did have issues with was the length of the cable supplied with the post. It was just long enough to mount onto the handlebar but not in the cable route i wanted.

i had to position mine so the cable went out backwards as it was being a nuisance when forward facing.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I’m 14’3 and have an original one for almost 2 years. Do have to strip it down now and then but its only a 10 minute job. Swapped the cable out last month as well but just a precaution. I have it positioned forward, although the normal one has the cable coming down and is easier to route I feel. Get one I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

votchy
    Free Member

18 months without issue on mine so far, 16.5st racing weight 😉

JonEdwards
    Free Member

There’s a guy on MTBR (El Chingon) whose used one for quite a while – he’s about 6’4″ and 240lb (IIRC) and goes pretty damn big.

bonesetter
    Free Member

votchy – Member

18 months without issue on mine so far, 16.5st racing weight [:wink:]

More of those Clent climbs for you my lad 😉

Filthy
    Free Member

one of the other 27.2 options, as there is a few popping up now, is the Rase black mamba, I’m over 14 stone in all my gear and havent broke mine yet, oh and it also drops 9 inches so you can get the seat right out of the way if you want*

*cue the usual stw suspects “but you dont need to drop it 9 inches”

Linky and a pic…

toons
    Free Member

$349 dollars, plus shipping, import tax and parcel force tax!!

Jesus, did you rob a bank or win the lottery?

BTW El Chingon did brake his GD

Filthy
    Free Member

Jesus, did you rob a bank or win the lottery?

Student loan 😉

works out at £275 shipped delivered and taxes paid

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper: how strong?’ is closed to new replies.