Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gravity dropper, can't get boot to stay in place?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Had my gd for a couple of years with no problems at all then the boot would keep popping off from the top when extending the post. Thinking the rubber had hardened I bought a new replacement but that ones just the same.

I can’t see of a way to attach the boot, with a zip tie etc but anyone else have any ideas?

Ta

mrh86

i had this problem too. tiny little zipties through the holes at the top of the boot is your answer

sweepy
    Free Member

I had this problem, but only if I put the boot on top and bottom. If I just located the top properly, then cycled the post up and down once or twice it seemed to locate itself on the bottom and stay in place.

swisstony
    Free Member

Thanks chaps I’ll give those a try

Northwind

I just replaced the boot- I could usually get it to stay on like Sweepy said but it was a faff.

nickhart
    Free Member

sorry for a slight hijack but are you all happy with the gd? looking to get a dropper post but only have a 27.2 and i also have an ibeam saddle which i’d be loathed to get rid of.
    cheers

Northwind

Mine’s been great- think it might well be my longest serving component on an mtb now, and it was pretty well used before I got it too. I prefer the longer drop on my KS posts (and they don’t look as awful) but the GD Turbo’s a brilliant package.

bland

Mine was even better once I drilled another hole in it for 1.5″ drop

I actually preferred knowing where the seat was being a fixed position over the guess work that is a reverb

sweepy
    Free Member

People say they are ugly, but i’ve not got eyes in my arse, and they work ok.

Northwind

bland – Member

Mine was even better once I drilled another hole in it for 1.5″ drop

Probably worth mentioning that this does weaken the post quite a lot (as does the factory multi-drop)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper, can't get boot to stay in place?’ is closed to new replies.