Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gravity dropper turbo
  • g5604
    Free Member

Anyone have one of these? The post moves fine from middle to high, but will not lock in the lowest setting. I have taken it apart and without the spring it locks at each position.

spooky_b329

I can’t remember the specifics, but you’ve probably got the lower collar screwed down too tight. If its hand tight, its probably too tight. If its too loose, there will be a noticeable amount of up/down play when you sit on the saddle.

StirlingCrispin

Have you checked the rubber boot is sitting in the wee groove just below the seat camp?

rOcKeTdOg

Just play with the collar, mine loosens over time, quick twist and it engages again

g5604
    Free Member

Boot is off at the moment.

Changing the collar tighteness has no effect, what does this do? Is it a stop against the inner post?

I think my problem is with the spring how do you know how much to tighten the bottom bolt / spring?

StirlingCrispin

I loosened the spring right back…

g5604
    Free Member

So how far up is the bottom bolt on your post?

chiefgrooveguru

It sounds like the disc in the bottom of the post is too high up so there isn’t space for the spring to compress down low enough. I had that when I changed the main post on mine (because I changed frame seat tube diameter) – it needed to be almost flush with the end of the main tube.

g5604
    Free Member

That’s it! Had the disc way to high

chiefgrooveguru

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper turbo’ is closed to new replies.