Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • "Gravel"(sorry) wheels….
  • woodnut
    Free Member

…or road disc wheels. 2 spokes broke on the shockingly poor stock wheels on my GT Grade the other day so good excuse to buy some better. Budget up to 300, strong enough for a bit of off road and lighter the better. Any ideas? Thanks.

momo

A little over budget, but Hunt wheels seem to be well recommended, they’re what I’ve been looking at anyway.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Stick an extra £50 in no get a set of Hunt X Mason wheels.
    So far mi enable been faultless despite getting battered about quite a bit.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The HD kinesis disc

tang
    Free Member

How about H plus son Hydra on novatec with dt db or de lite spokes? Close to budget. Or increase and get the hunts!

woodnut
    Free Member

Hunt look good….. though would have to wait a while for stock

woodnut
    Free Member

Tang can you tell me where sells the H plus Son?

theboatman
    Free Member

I stuck some cosine’s from wiggle on my Grade, not bling but light and taking what I throw at them.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

DCR wheelz m8. Would be better than everything suggested thus far. I know my wheels. These are what I would get

“To give you an idea of a starting price. The 24/25 rims with D-light spokes in silver with centre lock hubs comes to £340 and the weight for that set would be around 1530g. You get a lifetime warranty on the build/spokes with us.”

Thats what he said to me a couple of months ago. Never got them in the end. Will do next time I imagine.

tang
    Free Member

Brick lane bikes are the UK supplier, that would be the first place to check. I’ve bought from them before no problems.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

The Kinesis HD will drop off some weigh and just took me safely through the 3 peaks and all last winter!

mugsys_m8

JRA Jawbones at £380? Pacenti sl23 on JRA’s own hubs. Nice and light and yet strong.

mugsys_m8

Err not disc at that price. But I think they do some in disc flavour.

siwhite
    Free Member

Hunt x Mason, or the newer 650b versions and a new set of tyres if you are feeling trendy.

I love my pair of the formers…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Rebuild/get rebuilt the wheels properly?

300 is alot if you’re only buying rims…

baroman
    Free Member

Does it have a 135 rear? I’ve a set of Shimano MT15 28 aero spoke, 19mm rim 29er wheels in my gravel bike. Very good, very strong, very cheap. (I got them with free discs from merlin sometime last year for £85. You can pay more, but for a bike that’s designed for ruff stuff why pay more?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘"Gravel"(sorry) wheels….’ is closed to new replies.