Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Gravel going full circle
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk waiting for the 60 80 100 120 130 140 160 180 mm version

philjunior
    Free Member

When people are comparing speeds between cx and MTBs aren’t they missing the point that gr*v!l bikes can take bigger tyres, and the ones in question have suspension?
    Plus does comfort not matter? If i was in the market for a gravel bike, suspension would be a benefit so long as it didn’t compromise anything else.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If i was in the market for a gravel bike, suspension would be a benefit so long as it didn’t compromise anything else.

So just put some drop bars on a 29r race bike?

I assume somebody will put flat bars on one of them….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When people are comparing speeds between cx and MTBs aren’t they missing the point that gr*v!l bikes can take bigger tyres, and the ones in question have suspension?
    Plus does comfort not matter? If i was in the market for a gravel bike, suspension would be a benefit so long as it didn’t compromise anything else.

Horses for courses, although do I think it’s ironic seeing the number of MTB’s that don’t have suspension and don’t seem to loose out at all in terms of speed.

jameso

In that case, can I have

For a commercially viable price you can have pretty much anything these days 🙂

Inbred456
    Free Member

I’ve been considering a gravel bike or adventure road bike, whatever you want to call them for about a year now. My Trail 29er cannondale with 2.0″ schwalbe hurricane tyres is used mainly for bridle ways cycle paths and 3 ply tarmac. I can cover up to about 50 miles at a push. It’s comfy but heavy. My no 1 priority for one of these do it all bikes would be comfort every time over speed. That and the need for a large frame 60cm approx.

kerley
    Free Member

I find the 531c frame that I use on gravel very comfortable on gravel and have absolutely no need for suspension (and that is using 23c tyres)

corroded
    Free Member

comfort every time over speed

Not mutually exclusive…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvO74sZxVs4[/video]

What’s quicker over the Carrefour de l’Arbre? Road, CX or Mtb. Skip to 7min for the verdict.

RepackRider
    Free Member

I spent most of my time at the Sea Otter Classic in the Breezer booth with Joe Breeze, who spotted me the exhibitor pass. Joe was showing a gravel bike, but he hates the term, so he made a sign for his entry that identified it as a “Stoner Bike.”

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Gravel going full circle’ is closed to new replies.