Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gravel Biking in New Zealand
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

I am off to NZ at Xmas and want to take my gravel bike for some short trips as time will be limited with family.

I rode there back in the 1990’s, but i want to see some scenery rather than get stuck into a forest.

I will be based in Auckland and I am tempted by the Coromandal, but it will e mad busy at that time. I will be in Hamilton at some point as well.

Any thoughts?

Brainflex

gravel roads
    This will get you started, Pick your area,find some roads and ride. Scenery won’t let you down.

anagallis_arvensis

If you are in Hamilton head out to Raglan and you can loop out to Bridal Veil falls and round the mountain who’s name I forget and back past Manu Bay and Whale Bay back to Raglan. Say hi to my brother he’s buried around that route somewhere 🙁

Kahurangi

Also I think the Kennet Brothers have a gravel Road based guide that’s fairly recent.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I live in Wellington NZ and there’s plenty of gravel riding here, just lots of hills/mountains as well 🙂

nevermindthebutter
    Free Member

Alps 2 Ocean trail is pretty cool…

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Cheers for the links, very interesting!

Any thoughts on taking my bike out there? We are flying with Korean Air and have just booked the tickets but not investigated that side. The last times I went I either paid nothing or £25 at most…. it may have changed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gravel Biking in New Zealand’ is closed to new replies.