Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gravel bars
  • jonnyrockymountain

Currently have salsa cowbells at 12deg but want a bit more flare so looking at cowchipper, ritchey venturemax. What’s anyone’s experience of either or is there anything else?

funkmasterp

I have a cowchipper and love it. Very comfortable and s great selection of hand positions. Just the right amount of flare for a bit of all sorts in my opinion. Pretty comfy off road with the ridiculous priced Lizard Skins tape.

I got mine secondhand from Pinkbike. There’s no way I’d have paid the RRP for new. A bit ridiculous for a curvy bit of alloy.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Try Salsa Woodchippers?
    Got them on my Fargo, seem spotty dog imho.

spooky_b329

I bought the Easton EA70 AX gravel bar. Looks just the ticket, not ridden them yet 🙁

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ve had cowbells also but now have a set of cowchippers for more flare on my Salsa Vaya , not ridden them yet as bike needs to be built.
    By all accounts they get great reviews

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/ridinggravel.com/gravel-news/salsa-cycles-cowchipper-bar-quick-review/amp/

cozz
    Free Member

i just picked up a pair of bomber flared drops from alpkit (sonder) have look on their website

johnnystorm

I had bombers but couldn’t get on with the narrowness or the short hooks.

I have the Ritchey VentureMax now, range of widths, decent length hooks and the flare doesn’t put the levers in a daft place.

Shame you weren’t looking the other week, the selcof ones on planet x were 13 quid.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Have the Easton mentioned above really like them, not to extremely flared. However fully admit nothing else to compare them with other than standard non flared road bars.

antigee

Another vote for cowchippers not that tried much else other than standard style road bars – picked mine up in a sale but if had to replace would endure the full price pain if couldn’t find second hand …Just work

wind-bag
    Free Member

I have the Cowbells on my Slate and Cowchippers on my Crux, both excellent bars and very comfortable, out of the two the Cowchippers are my preferred bar, so easy to ride on the drops for extended periods.

scotroutes

Orford Ness?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gravel bars’ is closed to new replies.