Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gravduro
  • motofal
    Free Member

Well after purchasing my spesh pitch comp I’m hoping to enter a gravity enduro at the end of the year. However is there anyone able to tell me roughly how long It takes for one loop including the timed stages etc? Any help
    Much appreciated!

legend
    Free Member

Depends on the loop/location. Could be anything from a couple of hours to nearer 5.

Which race are you thinking about doing?

br
    Free Member

The course isn’t usually marked out until the day (or couple before), wherever it is.

Northwind

Takes some folks longer than others 😉 Innerleithen mtb racing ones usually have an (unenforced) 4 hour time limit but that’s proved long enough to get a downhill bike round for some of them.

Also please never say gravduro again, it hurts my eyes.

motofal
    Free Member

Ha ha gravity enduro it is 😉 Well Ive started up again this year after a very long time off the bike. Things have been going well, skills are coming back steadily and so I ogirinally wanted to the the last event of the fetish series. However I now cant due to a very good friends leaving do so im thinking Il use the extra time to train some more and try and do the whole lot next year.

They seem like a really accessable race format. Im just more of a hard singletrack/downhill person than a XC/8 hour slog kinda person! Has anyone on here done one? I think the fitness at the moment is the main issue!
    Thanks
    Tom

tomhoward

The Hamsterley race was about 2.5 hours worth of allowance to get between stages (plenty if youve got a bit of fitness) plus a total of about 25-30 mins of timed sections.

All depends on the location and the type of trails that are there though.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

I would say it’s worth doing one of the last two events this year to get an idea of what sort of fitness level you need to be at for next year. I was surprised by how tiring it was in between stages at Inners at the beginning of the year

motofal
    Free Member

Yeah that’s what I had in mind but I’m just not sure if I can make it due to shifts! Interesting about the transition stages as most people seem to think as long as you keep spInning it should be fine. Do you get a little down time before you make the next decent? The extra time to train is no bad thing, gives me time to get some more gear together plus parts I want to change on the pitch.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

There is enough time usually but they messed it up a bit at the first one so a couple of the transition times were wrong. Saying that there still isn’t much time for a breather, you pretty much finish your timed stage and get pedaling back uphill. It’s better to wait at the top and rest before your start gate than to risk resting at the bottom and missing your start. I wasn’t fit enough on the first one and the last climb between stage 4 and 5 was horrible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gravduro’ is closed to new replies.