Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gratuitous pics of new Ti bike
  • ajantom

😉

Well had to be done as it looks lovely IMO – built up with a variety of spare parts and some sale bits from CRC. Just waiting for some wheels from the classifieds now.

….and halfway round it's first ride yesterday…..

Lovely responsive ride – probably the best bike I've owned for flickability on the singletrack.
    Rides like a hardtail, but the rear travel of 32mm just takes the edge off the lumps.

Aus was asking how it rode with a rigid front end…….well the front is a little harsh with rigid Alu forks on (I had some to hand – might try Carbon ones at some point), but a 2.4 front tyre and Carbon forks give little bounce.

Oh, and yes I will trim the rear brake hose soon!

takisawa2

Nice. 🙂
    Notice your 1×9'ing.
    Any issues with the chain dropping ?

ajantom

Yes, a little on the downs – I'm about to go out to the shed and fettle some bits and see if I can come up with a solution.

It's nice being on half-term!

(lesson planning starts on wednesday 🙂 )

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to stick one of them USE lefty forks on that

ajantom

It did look rather cool with that on didn't it!

*edit* In the first post I did forget to say thanks to Terrahawk for the frame. It will be well loved .

mtbfix

Some cheeky tyke has pinched all your pivots!

terrahawk
    Free Member

you got the shock pressure sussed out then? Nice one.
    Glad you're enjoying it. Have fun!

Jase.

ajantom

Cheers Jase.

Yeah, had a play around with the pressure, somewhere between 105-110 psi seems to work fine (I am heavyish 🙂 )

Had fun trying to get a headset for it. Not one single local bike shop had a 36/45 integrated in stock. I went to 5! One of those time you really want to give a local shop some business, but no joy!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gratuitous pics of new Ti bike’ is closed to new replies.