Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gratuitous 'look at my bike' thread…
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Indulge me – I just built up my beloved Evil after a fresh powdercoat – the only new bit is the shiny shiny chain device, but I reckon it looks pretty cool in green. What does the collective reckon?

The colour is loads better in real life – nice and rich and bright and not washed out like it looks in the pics.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Valve Logo Fail.

retro83
    Free Member

weeds need doing

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Nice job looks great 🙂

piha
    Free Member

Nice pointing on the brickwork, good stuff.

the_lecht_rocks

Green , always lovely… Here’s mine….

IMAG0330 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Awesome looking bikes IMO. Always admired them; now own one myself.

Notice you have yours in the shortest wheelbase setting. I found that a bit terrifying! How have you got your fork suspension set up (spring-rate vs damping)? GW will be along shortly to tell you can’t run that much suspension and you’ve ruined the bike.

And “you are ruining the image of the sport” 😆

munrobiker
    Free Member

It looks like you turned it into a dialled alpine. Green Evils are mint. Can I buy your old device?

I still don’t know how you wore out the paint so fast. Mine’s 5 years old now and still not due a repaint. I was thinking though- should I do the Mac on it? You vs me, evil to evil like?

I’m not even going to start on that monstrosity the lecht has posted. Jesus Christ.

Buzz- chainstays slammed on mine. 50mm stem slammed to the headset, Pikes set pretty soft. Lots of fun.

kudos100
    Free Member

Looks very sweet. Only thing I’d change is to lower the forks a bit, to improve the handling.

robarnold
    Free Member

New Rumblefish build, four rides in now, can’t fault it

Steerer now trimmed, fence painting on the ‘to do’ list

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

That Rumblefish is one of the best looking 29ers I’ve seen. Bang tidy.

Love the slammed chain stays on the Evil – makes it mega snappy and manual-y, if a little bit of a handful, but that’s the fun.
    Happy with the forks at 140mm for the terrain I ride, but I really need some stiffer ones – doesn’t help that my 32s are about 6 months overdue for a service so have no real damping to speak of…

Luke – You can have the LS1 – it needs a new jockey wheel. Also, I probably won’t be Macavalanching unfortunately – too much work on. And, it’s less Dialled Alpine like in real life, I promise.

adrianmurray
    Free Member

Mint. Nice work fella, it’s journey getting builds to where you’re happy with them. Not many folk appreicate the time/thought you’ve obviously put in.

Would a short cage rear mech be more suited to a single ring set-up?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

That is EPIC MINT!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ll do it on the 5 then. Can you give the guide to Rosie for me?

Also, move to Hebden/Mytholmroyd is imminent.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That looks ace.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gratuitous 'look at my bike' thread…’ is closed to new replies.