Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Grand Theft Auto Rothbury
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Will "call me Dave" Step in again?

meehaja
    Free Member

Love it. someone does a poor poor photoshop mock up of a GTA cover, then a "journalist" makes a non story out of the fact that someone is writting a book. Granted the book may be in poor taste, but go to waterstones and look at the true crime section, there's loads of books about killers, rapists, thieves, terrorists etc etc.

Next!

woody2000

Bit soon, but thoughtless maybe, but is it any worse than the (seemingly) millions of ultra-realistic war games, or indeed the rest of the "GTA" series?

Devils Advocate like….

slowjo
    Free Member

A second post-mortem will be carried out on Moat today to see if a police Taser could have made him shoot himself involuntarily.

Who cares?

cynic-al
    Free Member

slowjo – Member

Who cares?

His family? Those with an interest in good policing?

Just a couple of thoughts there, carry on 🙄

highclimber
    Free Member

I suppose it must be true if its in the Star!! we are all doomed to become raging gunmen hell-bent on killing the police now!

tron
    Free Member

Book and film is hardly surprising. The GTA Rothbury cover is a mickey take…

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Here's a thought – what if he once played Grand Theft Auto? Wouldn't that mean that video games 'made' him shoot those people. Now that WOULD be news.

highclimber
    Free Member

I don't need to read the book. I think we got enough information about him from the 24hr coverage on BBC news 24!

We all know how the film will end so no point in making that!

njee20
    Free Member

Surely no-one's taking the GTA Rothbury thing seriously are they?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Am I missing something with the second autopsy thing, how can an autopsy help you guess if a tazer would have made him shoot himself or not? Does he not have a human physiology?
    Oh, and as for making profit from death, murder etc. As mentioned above, plenty of people have got rich in films, newspapers, books, games etc based on murder, rape, torture and all manner of "bad shit".
    It is a personal bugbear that it is so readily accepted, thats just me though.

cookeaa

There’s doubtless going to be a Documentary made and aired in the next few weeks, it will include the inference that the rozzers are all bungling fools, the suggestion of some sort local conspiracy/collusion, and a reasonably vague set of conclusions all tied up nicely with a voice over by one or other of the ITN news anchors…
    No doubt a book to follow, pretty standard form for most of the higher profile crimes now unfortunately…

As for the “Game” probably a bit of bad internet Joke photo shopping, promoted to fact by a red top

I might watch the Documentary, if I’m not busy…

Pook

I'm pretty concerned that people are taking the game p-take seriously.

yes the book and film is in bad taste, but the 'game' out cry is a bit

Watch out for people asking for money transferred via Western Union in emails too. They're also a load of codswallop.

Jamie
    Free Member

Gutter trash tabloids blowing up non-story shocker.

Jamie
    Free Member

ROCKSTAR GAMES – GRAND THEFT AUTO – AN APOLOGY

On 21 July we published an article claiming that the video games company Rockstar Games were planning to release a version of their popular Grand Theft Auto video games series titled “Grand Theft Auto Rothbury”.

We also published what we claimed would be the cover of this game, solicited comments from a family member impacted by the recent tragedy and criticised Rockstar Games for their alleged plans.

We made no attempt to check the accuracy of the story before publication and did not contact Rockstar Games prior to publishing the story. We also did not question why a best selling and critically acclaimed fictional games series would choose to base one of their most popular games on this horrifying real crime event.

It is now accepted that there were never any plans by Rockstar Games to publish such a game and that the story was false. We apologise for publishing the story using a mock-up of the game cover, our own comments on the matter and soliciting critical comments from a grieving family member.

We unreservedly apologise to Rockstar Games and we have undertaken not to repeat the claims again. We have also agreed to pay them a substantial amount in damages which they are donating to charity.

Tabloid Watch

Fair play to Rockstar for giving the scummers money to charity.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Grand Theft Auto Rothbury’ is closed to new replies.