Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 360 total)
  • Grand Designs…..
  • boblo
    Free Member

Oh dear, dunt look good. Ticks all the boxes for advertising exec+architect stereotypes. For that reason, I’m out!

molgrips
    Free Member

Am I missing it? ARse.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Love Grand Designs!

geoffj

Nice design – doing it on the cheap has to end in tears though.

izakimak
    Free Member

i took an instant dislike to them because of the stupid sunglasses, still going to watch them fail though

mesh

This has ‘epic fail’ written all over it.

mt
    Free Member

this one is going to go really well. The give away was there old house, also their sunglasses give a certain impression. Which bit of sustainability includes concrete.

It may not be a classic but you never know.

falkirk-mark

Like the programme but I cannot suffer Kevin.

izakimak
    Free Member

oops ha ha, pillock always measure twice.

davidjones15
    Free Member

oops ha ha, pillock always measure twice.

He did, it was wrong both times! 😯

aP
    Free Member

I know this building, and also who their new neighbours are going to be….

andeh

Yuk, these 2 make my skin crawl. They’re SO **** hip with their inhospitable Eisenman box.

aP
    Free Member

Eisenmann? Where’s the dislocations, the column through the middle of the stair case, the slot in the floor dividing the double bed?

monkeyboyjc

izakimak – Member

i took an instant dislike to them because of the stupid sunglasses, still going to watch them fail though

agree – the whole ‘i can live with out being surounded material possestions’ but will only wear designer sunglasses makes me instantly dislike them.

matt_outandabout

Tell more aP…you got anything to do with the design?

matt_outandabout

Eco house that involves flying to Latvia to see the windows made… 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I’m disliking them because of their ‘eco’ house being made from extremely non-eco materials.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Well I’m disliking them because of their ‘eco’ house being made from extremely non-eco materials.

It’s OK, she’s in marketing. I don’t think she understands what “eco” is.

andeh

Eisenman, as in, making the users adapt to the building so they begin to notice/appreciate the design more. Harsh for the sake of being so, confronting the user. It’s needy. Obviously not wall for wall.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder if they are going to finish that plywood kitchen? By which I mean apply a finish to the wood.

Rockape63
    Free Member

What is it with the plywood?

Urgh!

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I definitely do not like the exterior. It looks like two shipping containers.

lister

How do people that mentally ill get so much money to make such a shit house?

letmetalktomark

I like it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope they end up with kids. Lolz.

andeh

I like the glass, but it doesn’t work on such a small scale. It’s been said, from a distance it looks like a shipping container.

boblo
    Free Member

From all that up there ^ seems my not watching it was the right decision. It was their sunglasses and the insufferable bolleaux they came out with in the first couple of minutes that did it for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

I really don’t think I’d like to live in it. I can appreciate the craftsmanship of it all, but as an art piece not a home.

You’d have to be obsessively tidy to make it work.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Local oilks with a pocketful of stones will have a field day . . . .

thorlz
    Free Member

I agree with molgrips. The craftsmenship is fantastic.

But boy is that house fugley.

Bet the neighbours were less than impressed. Who on earth passed its planning permission, it just looks so out of place on that street.

kevj
    Free Member

Who on earth passed its planning permission, it just looks so out of place on that backlane.

Seriously, garage door, garage door, big glass factory, garage door. Planners should not have let that through imo.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Just watching it on + 1 and I have to say she is one of the most annoying women that have ever been on there. Don’t like the house either. Not sure how ‘eco’ it is with all that concrete used to build it.

Bear
    Free Member

Pretentious idiot. But quite liked some of the design.

franksinatra

Just watching the last few minutes of it.

Two thoughts.

1, The house makes me shudder, I hate every aspect of it and what it represents

2, I can’t decide if I would slap her or run away very fast. She is terrifying. Uncle Kev obviously agrees as he hasn’t made her pregnant like most other ladies on the show.

But, they are pleased so good luck to them.

chewkw
    Free Member

Is that a warehouse … 😯

Nobby

It looks like a poshed up version of that Homebase ad.

CountZero

Which bit of sustainability includes concrete.

Concrete using boiler ash, AFAIK, it’s very sustainable.

1-shed
    Free Member

If family 1 shed moved in

5 mins = ruffled

1 hour = messy

1 day = lived in

1 week = a big messy home full of love

It’s crying out for it. 😆

LoCo
    Free Member

I liked the office space on wheels (and most of the rest of the interior), quite tempted to build one for the workshop, it’d have to motorised though

aP
    Free Member

So, stw-ers in patronising, narrow minded and scared of things they don’t understand shocker.
    Come on guys, show us what you’re made of so that some of us can call you mentally ill. Oh 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 360 total)

The topic ‘Grand Designs…..’ is closed to new replies.