Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Graham Weigh Cyclocross Frame – Any good?
  • theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a CX bike. I’m planning on mostly using it for mixing up some trails with road rides, but may use it to replace my current cummuter too. Ultimately, I’d like to ride the 3 Peaks next year.

I started looking for complete CX bikes for under £1K. Plenty of good choices out there, but I found myself thinking that there were components I’d like to change straight away with my own choice (e.g. saddle, gear ratios). I must confess to really enjoying building bikes, so am a little averse to buying a complete bike. I’ve been tempted by the Sensa Fermo Cyclecross Bike (£850 from Merlin for a 105 equiped bike), but think I’d prefer the custom approach.

Does anyone have experience of building a CX bike around the Graham Weigh frame? Is it a good choice for my needs?

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crew

eddie11
    Free Member

Yep. Had one for ‘racing’ and commuting. It’s like many cheapo 7005 frames. Light enough. Stiff enough. Mounts for guards. Everything was straight and nothing needed facing. Paint and stickers were budget but didn’t wear off. Couldn’t complain at all for £79 new off eBay. This was a couple of years ago.

I’d warn against going too cheap on the fork though. I did and it was a noodly horror racing.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Built one of the £199 frame sets up last year. Great value. Did half a dozen cx races and 3peaks on it with no probs. cheap tiagra groupset, fulcrum wheelset.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Looks like I have a plan … and another bike project. Now, how do I keep that quiet from the missus? 😀

Russell96

Had mine for over two years now, nothing to complain about on it all, probably gets used the most out of all my bikes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Graham Weigh Cyclocross Frame – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.