Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GPX files
  • bellys
    Free Member

Wife has just got me a garmin eTrex 20 and I was after any good sites to down load GPX files
    Thanks

DickBarton

Depends on what you mean good sites…Endomondo, Strava, MapMyTracks – they all have the ability to download routes (although some may be limited by the uploader)…have a nosey round those sites and see what there is, anything you like you may be able to download and plug into your GPS.

Are you looking to be told where to go? If so, I’d strongly recommend a trail centre, that way you don’t need to know where you are and can follow the arrows…

If not, then you may find the GPX files aren’t much use as it may be trying to constantly guide you back to the track.

d45yth
    Free Member

If not, then you may find the GPX files aren’t much use as it may be trying to constantly guide you back to the track.

😕 Is that not the point? I’ve been using a GPS for years, putting over folks’ routes on it and following them. I don’t think the OP would be asking for routes otherwise.

lucien
    alexpalacefan

Try Just Go Ride

APF

Scapegoat

Mapometer.com.
    You can plot a ride, save it and download to your device, or search for other people’s saved rides in the approximate area. You can also upload your latest ride and share it.
    eg
    http://www.mapometer.com/mountain_biking/route_702762.html

bellys
    Free Member

Thanks chap just got some

Is that not the point? I’ve been using a GPS for years, putting over folks’ routes on it and following them. I don’t think the OP would be asking for routes otherwise.

That’s what I’m going to use them for.

Marko

I like:

http://www.mtbtrails.info/Default.aspx

Simple and non of that roadie tosh.

Hth

Marko

street
    Free Member

There are quite a few good ones over at theedgecycleworks.com, mountainbikerides.co.uk and also bikely as mentioned. I did have a few other sites, but can’t seem to find them at the moment!

I use Viewranger, you can plot maps on there, and export and import GPX files to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GPX files’ is closed to new replies.