Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gps tracking for bike security
  • So what’s the deal with gps on our bikes? Basically I want one, searched the net to little avail so thought I’d ask the experts

Want –
    Decent battery life
    Compatible with a mac/pc
    Small and of decent quality

Any help guys would be much appreciated

jota180
    Free Member

so you want it to ring home?

guess that will need some sort of cellular circuitry too

druidh
    Free Member

And a mahoosive battery

Found http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

@£83 big ones but would rather listen to honest feedback from customers than the sales patter of their websites.

Bregante

These are okay at giving you a rough location of your bike (i.e within one or two streets if youre lucky, much less accurate in very built up areas). They can be very unreliable however. I use similar products in my work on a daily basis and if you want to properly pinpoint their location you’re looking at upwards of £1k. Even then we’ve lost a few 😳

mikewsmith
    Free Member

doesn’t sound as good as insurance, you don’t get a new bike out of it!!

DickBarton

Someone on Stirling Bike Could’ve website is playing with GPS tracking of their bike…created a thread that I can’t link to from my phone…will post a link later.

bigG
    Free Member

Heres the link to the thread on Stirling Bike Club. Looks,,, intriguing.

Bike GPS

DickBarton

Cheers G.

Thanks guys. I have insurance but there’s that much love poured into my bike that replacing it with something else isn’t something I want to do. Some of the stuff took me some time to source

Yeah ideally I want something giving me a pinpoint gps signal and I’d they cost over a grand then no

I’ll check that kinky (I mean linky, love predictive text)

Bregante

Richard, if you want to email me (in profile) I can fill you in on some more detail

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gps tracking for bike security’ is closed to new replies.