Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GPS tag on my dog while walking…how much further did she run?
  • rockhopper70

We went for a walk through hardcastle crags near hebden bridge this morning with our pooch. We tend to walk as a strung out group and the dog always seems to be trying to shepherd us together, running for the lead person back to the person at the back. She doesn’t run off out of control or off the path so I wondered how much further she walks/runs.
    With a little gps logger, it turns out it is twice our mileage. We did 4, she did 8 miles.

Mackem

Did she get any KOM?

rockhopper70

Ha. No..she didn’t go in any one direction long enough…back n forth..back n forth. I was thinking she might beat some fell runner types when it was uploading but no luck.

user-removed
    Free Member

Interesting. We always joke that the dog walks twice as far as we do – seems it’s true!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fellow dog owner and that would have been my guess – double or perhaps even more.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Brilliant, which tag did you use? Considering getting simple tags for my kids so they can compared their rides against each other (only slightly competitive brothers!).

globalti
    Free Member

It’s well known that dogs cover twice the distance. You’ve just proved it.

rockhopper70

I used a little igotu logger thing from maplin that I had hooped onto her collar.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I took it a step further earlier this year:

Me – phone
    Daughter – old phone
    Dog – garmin 500

Results were dog double my distance and daughter splitting us evenly

I admit this is deeply geeky 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GPS tag on my dog while walking…how much further did she run?’ is closed to new replies.