• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by loum.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • GPS / Sports watches
  • drslow
    Free Member

So currently getting rid of the garmin forerunner 910. Was looking at the garmin fenix 3 as I fancy something I can wear when not exercising. Anything else I should look at? Will be used for cycling, running and walking.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Lots of us with Fenix 3’s here. I’m very happy with mine, think most are.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Was looking at the garmin fenix 3 as I fancy something I can wear when not exercising

Don’t bother, you’ll look like a berk.

drslow
    Free Member

Ha ha, I thought the sapphire version looked reasonable acceptable and practical. Certainly better that an iwatch

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Mine’s a sapphire one – looks remarkably like a watch, just a little bigger

Flaperon

Not had any issues with my Fenix 3 – as others have said, very happy. It’s big but you learn to live with it.

The Forerunner 225 / 630 are much slimmer though if you don’t need navigation capability.

richmars

Have a look at the Tom Tom Multisport.

djglover
    Free Member

Ooh fenix 3 titanium looks awesome, getting one!

nickdavies

Liking the look of the new Tom Tom spark with music, means you can leave the phone at home and head for a run. Assume it integrates with straaaava adequately.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Fence 3 here too. Only got it just before the New Year and liking it a lot. The multi sport apps make it much more useful mainly running and indoor rowing, the latter is quite basic, no splits etc but still records enough. Notifications from phone are useful too.
    I have the sapphire version and fits my wrist well but I only had to remove the 2 links. Felt heavy at first but don’t register that I’m wearing it now.

Dibbs
    Free Member

That fenix 3 is HUGE I thought my Vivoactive and my daughters Forerunner 630 were bad enough.

richmars

Assume it integrates with straaaava adequately.

If it’s like the older version, it syncs over Bluetooth to my phone, and hence to Stava.

loum
    Free Member

If it’s a fenix you’re interested in:
    Garmin have just released a Fenix 3 HR, with the built in optical sensor on the back. do away with the strap for most “dry” hr exercise.

I’d wait a bit till that becomes widely available and either go for it, or then take advantage of the inevitable discounting of the non HR ones.

Or get a Suunto Ambit4 (fenix rival equivalent) – new one due this year probably possibly maybe.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘GPS / Sports watches’ is closed to new replies.