Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GPS routes: what software to use to edit them?
  • stayhigh

Morning All

I’m looking for some software that I can use to alter GPS routes I have uploaded from my Garmin Edge 205.

Once uploaded to Garmin Connect I export them as a .gpx to Wheres the Path or BikeHike to view them and make alterations for my next ride but cant actually edit it so have to redo the whole course again which becomes a bit of a chore tbh.

I maybe going about this in a completely cackhanded way so I wondered if someone could point me in the direction of something, preferably free, that will allow me to edit existing courses?

Cheers All 🙂

EDIT: I’m off to work now so may not be able to reply until later.

Drac

Quo is free and has Open street maps if you don’t want to buy OS maps.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I use 3D Route builder. This allows you to move the points and to export it to a gpx / kml. I don’t think it is free, but when I purchased it I don’t think it cost more than £20.

Just checked. The free version only allows a certain number of waypoints, after you have reached them it will truncate your route.

HTH

DavidB
    Free Member

Drac, the Quo website states OS Open Data not Openstreemap?

Drac

Ah sorry my mistake but think that may be free anyway.

neninja
    Free Member

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk

You can upload a gpx file and then edit it on a 1:25k OS map – and it’s free

DavidB
    Free Member

Ah sorry my mistake but think that may be free anyway.

No mistake actually, just downloaded it and Quo works with OSM out of the box for free

JustGoRide
    Free Member

We have a GPX route creation and editing tool. You have to be signed in to use it but its free!

http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/Routes/Upload/Create.aspx

Once you’ve uploaded and edited it, it will be saved to the site and you can re-export it as a GPX file. You can mark it as private if you don’t want to share it with the masses!

🙂

stayhigh

Thanks for replies peoples 🙂

JustGoRide: I’ve been having a play on your site and seems to be just the ticket, easy to use and a good interface.

I would also like to be able to identify alternative routes on a course in a different colour i.e. the main trail is in purple but at X point here you could go along this bit in red.

Is this possible at all?

JustGoRide
    Free Member

If you upload the alternative route you can overlay it by selecting it from the ‘nearby routes’ tab. I can’t quite remember if it works for routes marked as private though? I’ll test it when I get a mo. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GPS routes: what software to use to edit them?’ is closed to new replies.