Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • GPS Route Logger – iPhone Content
  • CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

Looking at some of the apps available to record my rides (route/stats).

I've come across RunKeeper, Trails Lite, MotionX and EveryTrail.

Does anyone recommend any?

dr_death
    Free Member

Strange, I was going to ask exactly the same question earlier today…
    The current best options seem to me to be:

Runkeeper
    MotionX
    iMapmyride
    Bikemate
    Cyclemeter

Anyone have any personal experience before I splash my hard earned couple of quid?? There seem to be 'lite' versions of all but cyclemeter but some long term reviews would help.

Mugboo

My only experience is of Memory map and i've used that more for pre planning a route so i know where i am!

I tried it for recording my journey and it drew too many straight lines. I've altered the vector setting since but keep forgetting to try it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I can safely say I trip is utter poo!!! As soon as I hit the woods just lately it goes crazy, with me recording a ride of 140km the other day in under 2 hrs!!! I posted the same thing last week and went for I map my ride and again it was pretty useless in the woods. If you go for any of the others let us know if they're any good.

Surfr
    Free Member

Motionx is very good

GrahamS

I really like MotionX GPS, if you are after solid GPS ability then it is brilliant (try the free Lite version), however it is probably not that great if you are after a trip logger.

It lets you record routes and email/twitter/facebook them, but it doesn't have a central server to upload them to or anything like that.

LMT
    Free Member

I use cyclemeter and its probably the best app i have used. Mine is on the 3gs it picks up my gps signal really well and works in the background, it has mapped out FTD and the monkey perfectly, and it does a compare laps function as well, enables you to log cycling, on road and off road, running, walking and even just the upload map function does it for me.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I have runtastic that I use for running and it's been very good – uploads to a central server so you can view the details online also. They have brought out a companion app "Cyctastic" for biking that is basically the same thing. Simple and very easy to use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘GPS Route Logger – iPhone Content’ is closed to new replies.