Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GPS recommendation for optically challenged please
  • cinnamon_girl

Grrrrrrr bloomin Garmin gps has a broken thumb-stick that renders it pretty unusable.

Top requirement is a basic unit that displays large letters and numbers. Should be able to cope with exported routes, not worried about maps or colour screen. To be mounted on bike so no expensive gadgets needed.

Disappointed with Garmin as this current one has only lasted around 5 years.

Keep it simple cos that’s all I need.

Thanks as always. 🙂

TiRed

Garmin Edge 200

cinnamon_girl

Can’t accept exported routes though, more of a cycle computer as opposed to a GPS which is what I need.

lasty
    Free Member

For the optically challenged lady …
    May i suggest a Garmin walking GPS ??
    Bit bulkier but soooo much easier to read – spoken by one who knows .. 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Lol at lasty! Which particular model would you recommend?

I don’t need glasses for riding, only for close work and that includes maps and gps.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Oregan 450t like I have in the classifieds

lasty
    Free Member

Know where your coming from lady Cinnamon…..

Think its the e-trex LEGEND ?
    Probably considered an antique by most on here but just a good basic GPS. I downloaded breadcrumb routes using anquete maps and it was a breeze. Used mainly for my walking exploits but works just as well on the bike. (mounts available)
    I alus carry a map anyway and it gives an 8 figure grid ref which has proved invaluable on various escapades…. 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GPS recommendation for optically challenged please’ is closed to new replies.