Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 218 total)
  • Gove stabs boris in the back….
  • slowoldman

So what are the odds on May, Eagle, Sturgeon and Merkel sorting out the whole sorry mess?

jonba
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like Gove has stabbed him, more like he is going to take the fall giving Boris a chance to stand again.

In both camps it seems people have realized that this is a poison chalice. You take power now and there is little if anything you can do to stop a bad run and you’ll be out straight away.

Labour could have easily put someone forward to replace Corbyn but they messed around waiting for him to resign – they knew they wanted rid but didn’t want to risk being his replacement.

Lib dems have been incredibly quiet. There is chaos in parliament and having not taken the opportunity to stand up and show some leadership and direction I think they have missed the boat.

I wonder if the SNP will move south of the border. Pretty sure in the NE and NW they could threaten some seats. I think my Labour MP is safe but I’m only 45 miles away from Scotland and it is quicker for me to get to Edinburgh than London…

MSP

being controlled by them

Do explain how they were controlling us?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Now a lot of people will see him for what he really is.

this will be seen as an act of cowardice and will be hung round his neck should he run in the future.

By the time whoever takes over, and it really has to be someone that supported the Leave campaign sets about sorting out the fudge deal on the EU they will be so unpopular with both the leave and remain sides of the conservative party that this little side step will be long forgotten.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lib dems have been incredibly quiet. There is chaos in parliament and having not taken the opportunity to stand up and show some leadership and direction I think they have missed the boat.

This spectacle has plenty of legs left in it, no point or need to get involved especially as you don’t quite know who you are fighting.

footflaps

Do explain how they were controlling us?

Mind control drugs in the water…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Tom Fallon is just biding his time….like Arya Stark.

Fun fact, Gove is a massive GoT fan.

ahwiles
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

that and-or contrails.

footflaps

Lib dems have been incredibly quiet.

well there are only a handful of them left!

ransos
    Free Member

By the time whoever takes over, and it really has to be someone that supported the Leave campaign sets about sorting out the fudge deal on the EU they will be so unpopular with both the leave and remain sides of the conservative party that this little side step will be long forgotten.

By some, sure, but it’s not going to help him.

kimbers

Does anyone actually want to try and negotiate Brexit?

binners

Boris has played a blinder.

I doubt that when the true disaster that he created, then walked away, unfolds, there are going to be many people who regard him as a future PM.

They’re more likely to regard him as fair game for a lynching!

He’s finished. Dave’s last act. He must be laughing his tits off!

corroded
    Free Member

I think it’s plausible that there is a plot between Gove, his wife and Boris. They know someone needs to take the hit so engineering that an awkward email is ‘leaked’ (how exactly? Sent to a random member of the public who forwards it to Murdoch’s Sky news…) that puts a stick in BoJo’s spokes. Gove declares candidacy, takes the hit, BoJo returns to the fray untainted, Gove gets peerage down the road.

CountZero

Crabb is an utter moron.. he believes homosexuals can be cured

Not quite true, he was associated with a charity called Christian Action Research and Education, as he’s said he’s a Christian, that’s not too surprising, but the charity placed twenty interns with several MP’s, five of whom, including Labour’s David Lammy and Liz Kendall have cut their ties with the charity when they found out about this attempt to ‘re-educate’ homosexuals. Crabb has since said “Yes, I’m a Christian, but believing in gay cure therapies is not what I believe and has never been what I believe.”
    And it was obvious what would happen when Gove said he was behind Johnson, where better if you’re planning on knifing him in the back! 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is Boris Johnson the third Targaryen?

He’s got the hair for it.

aracer
    Free Member

On their current platform of staying in the EU? 😯

It would also threaten their credibility on their principle policy. No, I think they’ll stick with the power base they have, much as some in England might look North enviously at parties with strong leaders.

growinglad
    Free Member

that and-or contrails.

No sillyies…through the old fashioned method of erosion of sovereign powers through more and more treaties and less democracy 🙂

Remember George Papendreou, he talked about a referendum, was it the next day he resigned?

If you believed everything was hunky inside the EU and you were happy to be part of the big European Super State, then that’s your view and your are entitled to it.

I think it’s a “lovely idea”, but I’m also a firm believer in the fact it’s unworkable. Too much diversity in different countries economies to ever have underneath one umbrella.

I would have preferred us to try and change things from within…but that’s not likely to happen now.

Who knows, perhaps the Europeans made it quite clear that if we were likely to come to some kind of mutual deal then Boris was to have nothing to do with it, perhaps they made it quite clear that if he was involved they would make absolutely sure they would do everything in their power to screw him.

…Or he never ever thought they would win and he’s now bricked it.

Most of this stuff us mere mortals will never know the true story.

Mind control drugs…really….everyone knows every time you catch a plane they pump stuff into the air system 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

franksinatra – Member
    On the night of the referendum I had an intense (not dirty) dream about May becoming PM. Had the same dream twice since. Just sayin…

You’re a very naughty boy. Report to the Head Girl immediately.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it really has to be someone that supported the Leave campaign

WHY?

Most tory MPS don’t support leaving the EU

Its not exactly going well for labour having a leader the Parliamentary party don’t back

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

On the night of the referendum I had an intense (not dirty) dream about May becoming PM. Had the same dream twice since. Just sayin…

binners

…Or he never ever thought they would win and he’s now bricked it.

Very much this.

In his own self-interest he creates one almighty car crash, then realises that he hasn’t got a clue what to do about it, so basically runs off and leaves everyone else to sort out his almighty **** up!

What a ****!!!!!

perchypanther
    Free Member

“Nuts in May” – Had me Laughing out loud. Great fun 🙂

Shackleton

“Nuts in may” – after that thought I doubt I’ll be able to get it up for a month.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Spankingly good. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

WHY?
    Most tory MPS don’t support leaving the EU

That’s true, but how many have the stones to disregard the referendum?

dannyh
    Free Member

I was appalled at how Farage’s performance in Brussels the other day reminded me of Panto, and now this – he’s behind you, Boris.

Please remember, this is how the world is viewing us now.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Please remember, this is how the world is viewing us now.

….and this is how the world is viewing US at the moment.

I wonder if the SNP will move south of the border. Pretty sure in the NE and NW they could threaten some seats.

Pity that the SNP haven’t twigged yet that the easiest way to get what they want is to win a majority at Westminster and then make up their own rules.
    If they joined with a preexisting national party who share many of their views and who don’t care much about independence either way.
    A party which most voters agree with but don’t take seriously because the lack the serious politcial credentials.
    A national SNP / Green party alliance perhaps. The moral high ground of the Greens combined with the efficient, ruthless political machine that is the SNP currently.
    There’d be an unusual choice for the countryside brexiteers.

growinglad
    Free Member

I didn’t know you were a Luxembourger Perchy.

dannyh
    Free Member

and this is how the world is viewing US at the moment.

Where’s Nic’s right hand?

Coyote
    Free Member

<barf>

perchypanther
    Free Member

He’s presumably back at Holyrood standing in for First Ministers questions……. and not resigning…..or launching a leadership challenge.

I didn’t know you were a Luxembourger Perchy.

I is European, innit!

growinglad
    Free Member

I is European, innit!

🙂

ratherbeintobago

Only in the mind of the Bill Cash nutcase tendency. When 48% of the country, a fair chunk of whom are Troy voters or potentially Tory voters, chose to back Remain it needs to be someone who has some appeal on both sides; more so given that the majority of Tory MPs are Remainers.

chakaping
    Free Member

Only in the mind of the Bill Cash nutcase tendency. When 48% of the country, a fair chunk of whom are Troy voters or potentially Tory voters, chose to back Remain it needs to be someone who has some appeal on both sides; more so given that the majority of Tory MPs are Remainers.

It’s been observed that the frontrunner never wins the Tory leadership, but this is the reason I think May WILL get it in this instance.

And anyway, we could argue that Boris was the frontrunner initially.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Boris already being painted as a poor kicked puppy who has been brutally backstabbed by the evil pantomime villian .

Phase 1 of the ” deny all knowledge and play the victim so that I can act all jolly and be the PM when the mess is all cleared up” plan complete…..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36674729

ChrisL

ratherbeintobago – Member

Only in the mind of the Bill Cash nutcase tendency. When 48% of the country, a fair chunk of whom are Troy voters or potentially Tory voters, chose to back Remain it needs to be someone who has some appeal on both sides; more so given that the majority of Tory MPs are Remainers.[/quote]

My impression is that “Bill Cash Nutcase Tendency” sums up the bulk of the Conservative party. If they’re presented with the choise of a eurosceptic candidate or a pro EU candidate, they’ll back the eurosceptic. The only way the parliamentary Conservative party can prevent that is to stitch up the leadership election so only two pro-EU options are given to the wider membership.

Theresa May has played the odds by officially backing remain while implying she was actually pretty eurosceptic.

dannyh
    Free Member

@Perchy – look again at the photo and the facial expressions – i.e. she looks surprised and he looks like he’s on the vinegar strokes. 🙄

D0NK

I’m sure he knew what you meant dannyh, smart (topical) response too 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Just watched the footage of Boris’ announcement. The bit towards the end where he’s trying to stifle a smile is funny as ****.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m sure he knew what you meant dannyh, smart (topical) response too

Just making sure – a knob joke should always be appreciated for what it is.

Speaking of cocks, what has Farage been up today?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘Gove stabs boris in the back….’ is closed to new replies.