Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Goto dropper post?
  • breninbeener

Having spent some of my childrens inheritance on a new frame and forks, i need a new dropper post to fit my PP Shan.

I already own reverb and command post items. I am pretty happy with them both but was wondering which remote actuated post is the most reliable. RS seem to offer great warranty, but recent comments seem to indicate that they need it. Both my current posts have been fine, but im looking for the currwnt recommendation please.

Ian

mboy
    Free Member

I’m about to take advantage of RS’s excellent warranty for the 7th time in just 3 years… Having used most of the others, I prefer the hydraulic action and smoothness in action of the Reverb by some margin, but… My patience regularly gets tested! At least I’ve got 2 MTB’s (both with Reverbs on, but yet to both fail at the same time) such that one failing doesn’t stop me from riding at least.

Northwind

IMO the 170mm drop reverb is basically a win button, if it fits in your frame. It’s the first New Exciting Thing in seatposts that I’ve ever been prepared to buy before it’s been out and real-world-tested for a winter. Other’n that I still prefer KS to Rockshox and cables to bloody stupid hydraulics.

crashrash

Hydraulics have the advantage of being able to still work when the hose goes round corners and stuff. Cable has some limits in this and gets stuck – specially in some frames internal routing. Having said that I am on 3rd reverb in 18 months. I have a thomson which has been fine but it is external routing so no hang ups for cables. Reliability wise they seem much of a muchness and at least RS are easy to deal with.

scuzz
    Free Member

Wait a second – as a non dropper post rider, why exactly does it have to be smooth?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Goto dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.