Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Got some kind of virus on my PC, HELP
  • Pigface
    Free Member

It says that my AVG is infected, just keeps opening some windows alert and tries to open a page of pron. I was trying to download a copy of Gladiator.

Sigh I know nothing about computers

Del

boot into safe mode, get avg online, or download avast, update it. do scan. then get spybot search and destroy. repeat.

Pigface
    Free Member

How do I do that?

samuri
    Free Member

Sounds more like malware than a virus. Unfortunately the clean up process can be very painful and complicated. Do you have AVG installed at all?

Try the latter suggestion of del's first. get spyboy search and destroy, install it. then reboot, as the computer reboots it should prompt you to press f8, when it does that press it and select safe mode.

After it's booted up (it'll look a bit weird), run the spybot program. This *may* get rid of the thing but it's unlikely. Youy may need to enlist local expert help.

tyger
    Free Member

Download the latest version (top right) – it's free and will most likely sort your problem.

clicky

johnners
    Free Member

CCleaner won't do anything about malware.

CountZero

It says that my AVG is infected, just keeps opening some windows alert and tries to open a page of pron. I was trying to download a copy of Gladiator.
    Sigh I know nothing about computers

Common source of malware so I understand.

TheFlyingOx

I've found Spybot S&D generally sorts things out when all else fails: Spybot S&D

Rich
    Free Member

Malwarebytes is usually good at removing these type of things too, google for it, it's free.

ex-pat
    Free Member

+1 Malwarebytes

dyna-ti

+1 malwarebytes
    +1 Spybot S&D
    Also try Hijackthis and Kapersky
    Run everything.mal first then Spybot.restart,do a normal scan with whatever you have bundled security wise from your ISP.
    check with the other 2 again[full scans]
    ————–
    Advanced option-
    Registry cleaner [not a free one]
    filekiller

dyna-ti

P2P
    Dont you just love them 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ditch Windows, get Linux, sorted. You can remain ignorant and have a working PC, speaking from personal experience.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Got some kind of virus on my PC, HELP’ is closed to new replies.