Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Got my Chickenfoot tickets today – Taking kid to gig content.
  • landcruiser
    Free Member

Overjoyed 😆 Got my Chickenfoot tickets today… However, I may have said to my 12 yr old son (who is really keen) that he is coming.

I have only ever been to ‘Proper’ rock performances with mates,and have only ever needed to think of myself, my beer, and the tune. Going with my boy (got to be responsible !) Kinda concerned !

What are your experiences / thoughts of this new situation?

albino
    Free Member

My kids aren’t old enough, (yet 8) ) but I’ve got to say that there are definitley more kids going to gigs than there were 15-20 years ago. What’s the venue? My main concern would be the effect of the volume on kids ears but there seem to be plenty of head-phone type options to counter this.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Been with my niece to see Keizer Chiefs when she was 10 – all is cool as long as the kid understands that it will be busy and noisy. She’s been to loads more since – she loves them 🙂

landcruiser
    Free Member

Yep albino, I have considered that also and researched ‘musicians earplugs’ look like the thing (Might get myself some while I’m at it ! )

[all is cool as long as the kid understands that it will be busy and noisy]
    I think thats right ! thanks.

Still it’s a fairly big step IMO, sort of introducing my child to my previously ‘adult’ life.

sturmey
    Free Member

My daughter (13) came back from seeing Rihanna on sunday with an ear trauna because it was too loud for her. She has sensitive hearing even in the car she complains if the stereo is too loud and she “can’t have my ipod as loud as my friends” A lesson learnt for next time may be some ear plugs for her.

Cougar

A Satch audience is going to consist of 30-something blokes sitting down going “mm, this is rather pleasant.” You’ll be fine.

emsz
    Free Member

Cool, I took my pervy little brov to a concert (baddies, one his favs) a while back we went to the front (obviously 😀 ), some-one puked behind us, the floor was sticky, and he got a pint spilled on him. He loved it!!

restless
    Free Member

i would take a child if it were just the two of us going, but if i were going with my friends i wouldn’t take a child too.
    this is because i would be drinking and talking about stuff that isnt appropriate for a 12yr old to be listening to.

that said, i have taken my older two boys to festivals, they were aged 9 and 14 this year at Sonisphere and it all worked well.
    my youngest had some ear defenders though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Got my Chickenfoot tickets today – Taking kid to gig content.’ is closed to new replies.