Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Got me a new smartphone and it's tough!
  • My Galaxy Note 2 died just over a week ago, so I got myself a Note 4. Being sick of Vodafone, I opted to go with Three. Unfortunately having time left on my contract I couldn’t port my number, so got a new number with Three.

For now, I’m also keeping my old number, so decided to get something a bit tougher I could sling in my pocket on site, or on the bike.

It’s quite basic, but has a quad core processor. Only an 8mp camera and Jellybean, with a few other usual Android functions etc. It’s dual sim and IP67 rated – £133 + vat. I’ll update as to it’s usefulness and toughness in due course. I went for this over the JCB phone as it gets better reviews – a standard keypad version is available for less monies

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rM7seS]20150411_100219[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/s4CnSR]20150411_100212[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

sandwicheater

Clean your nails.

I’m just off to shower right now!

scaredypants

str – wot happened to your note2 ?

sandwicheater

He’s in the shower so I’ll cover this scaredypants. He broke the screen while beating a small water vole to death with it for questioning the side of his head he parts his hair on. A touchy subject it would appear.

Personally, I part it on the left. Yes, the dangerous side.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Does no one make a decent case for the note series like ?

scaredypants

I had no idea that voles had opinions regarding coiffure

ALways imagined it would be more the chinchilla* end of the line

poor little fella 🙁

(“hey, meester – yo hair is sheeeet” – that sort of thing)

benji
    Free Member

Liking the look of that a lot. Just add SIM and go play?

The Note 2 just froze. Tried everything including hard reset.

I have no hair to part.

I’ve got a Spigen Tough Armour case for the Note 4 but it doesn’t protect the screen and I’m not a fan of Otterboxes

Flaperon

Meh. My Lumia escaped from my pocket on this, spent a night in the rain, and still worked afterwards. Albeit with a dent or two.

scaredypants

I’m not a fan of Otterboxes

you bloody DID kill that vole, didn’t you ?!

*reported*

Cougar

My Lumia escaped from my pocket on this,

Duelling Dragons?

Flaperon

Yup.

When the sign says “Do not take your phone on this ride” they mean it…

CountZero

I’ve got a Spigen Tough Armour case for the Note 4 but it doesn’t protect the screen and I’m not a fan of Otterboxes

Having believed the hype, I got an Otterbox for my iP6+, and I was disappoint. The case is sturdy enough, and does give good impact protection, but the built-in screen ‘tector is absolute crap! It won’t lie flat, bowing up in the middle so you have to really push down making using a touchscreen a pain, coupled with it compromising the TouchID system.
    In the end I ripped the plastic out, getting all the adhesive off, and bought a cheap tempered glass screen protector to go inside the case.
    Cost £9.95, and only fits the flat area of the screen, but is amazingly slick, more slippery than a slippery thing from Planet Slippery!
    Not sure if they’re available for Note phones, but might be worth looking for, mine’s a Gadgeo.
    There’s a bunch of tempered glass protectors for Note 4’s, would probably work underneath the Spigen:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=note+4+glass+screen+protector

Drac

trail_rat
    Free Member

How much was your otterbox cz?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

How much internal memory does that phone have? I’ve not managed to find one that’ll actually take more than two or three apps, so not much use as a smartphone.

Edit: just found it – 4GB so not too bad.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Got me a new smartphone and it's tough!’ is closed to new replies.