Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Got done for speeding today…
  • Reluctant
    Free Member

StuartieC Fair play….you had me going there. 81.1 mph in Cleveland? WTF was my car doing there? Do I know my own registration? (even ran outside the house to check!) Aww, f!*k it!

Toddboy
    Free Member

Are the police cars in the UK equipped with speed radars on them? The reason that I ask, is that down here in Oz, they are, and they can detect your speed as you drive in opposite directions on the same road. 😳

johnners
    Free Member

I failed to spot the big **** off luminous thing because the first I saw of it was when I came over the brow of the hill, at exactly the same moment it caught me.

You mean that unexpected things can happen on our public roads? That's worrying, they should have some kind of legal "limit" for our "speed" to help mitigate those risks. We could call them "speed limits".

samuri
    Free Member

lol at the i-database thing,

samuri
    Free Member

For a laugh, what's the fastest anyone's been on a public road?

Dunno, pretty fast on an RC30. Didn't really feel comfortable looking at the speedo.

aracer
    Free Member

You mean that unexpected things can happen on our public roads?

Yes, camera vans can sit in laybys in sneaky places. Not exactly a safety issue failing to spot it when it's not visible because it's over the horizon (whilst I could still quite happily stop in the distance I could see).

NZCol

I recently cracked the 240kmh mark on a drive over to Martinburgh so whatever that is in mph *googles* 149.14mph. Nice long open road, clear, dry, car designed to do it, nothing else on the road. Next car I saw when i was giggling and driving at 110kmh …. a police car ! They stopped me on a routine stop to check WOF and Rego etc, all the while i was sitting thinking Oooooh dear ! I know it was naughty, verrrry naughty.

rob1984p
    Free Member

i database tell me that the car i sold two days ago after been off the road for a month was doing 81mph in cleveland last week; as if!

aracer
    Free Member

You should check the photo rob, to make sure somebody's not cloned the plate.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

samuri – Member

Around 135mph. BMW R1100RS near to maxed out as I could be bothered to wait for on an empty French Motorway

125 ish in the UK, same bike, highland A road. Mate of mine clocked 165 on his ZZR1100, calmed down and go caught in a speed trap on the next straight at 98mph. Lucky boy

Drac

70mph when off duty. 😉

Same when on duty now after talking to the Minister of Bullshit Speshpaul.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

[/quote] For a laugh, what's the fastest anyone's been on a public road?

140+ when I last dared to look at the speedo, and still pulling hard, on my 955i Speed Triple. But there's no wind protection and I was being battered senseless by turbulance off my flyscreen,
    Did it a couple of times on the A31, between Alton and Farnham, which isn't the smoothest road, or the straightest (Bars waggling at 125 in a bend is fun) and I had a lovely friendly 'joust' with a chap in a Masarati – I could pull out a fair lead off the roundabouts but he reeled me in above a ton, then it was brake hard for the next roundabout, chuck it in and away we go again. We exchanged friendly waves as I pulled off. God I miss having power like that…..

(PS – Yeah yeah, stupid, immoral, dangerous, blah blah. Would I do it again? Damn right I would)

aracer
    Free Member

Bah – NIP in the post today. I too was doing 58, but I was in a 50 limit (one which used to be a 70 limit, and was fine at that speed, but they reduced it because of accidents due to poor road design – which they've since fixed – and people being numpties, and not really anything to do with speed).

Just wondering what to do, given whilst I had been going faster, when I passed the camera van I was in a queue doing the limit – presumably they got me earlier, but in that case why did I not see the van due to vehicles in front of me (was sure I'd got away with it when I saw the van)? Very happy to get off on a technicality, and not really at all interested in comments from the sanctimonious.

bensales
    Free Member

Maxed out my GSXR1000, so about 180mph.

And perfectly legally on a UK road 🙂 I love the Isle Of Man.

AndyP
    Free Member

Just wondering what to do
    HTFU and pay the fine

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Got done for speeding today…’ is closed to new replies.