Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 247 total)
  • Got bitten by a dog this morning…..
  • trailflow
    Free Member

not trolling

if the dog was overly aggressive and started ripping his ankle apart and wouldnt let go,then maybe the OP should of reported it

but its just a little bite isnt it? my cats done worst 🙂

richc
    Free Member

I’ve heard that sometimes people turn out to be psychopaths/muderers/news of the world editors etc…. and yet people keep having children.

That’s fine as long at they are in control at all times*

*According to T ‘ITS THE LAW’ J.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

richc – you cannot train your dog properly and don’t care that he raids peoples picnics. Get it under control and keep it there. That is ou tof order and you know it.

A well trained dog causes no one any hassle. You like too many others excuse your mutts behaviour and your inability to control the dog. If you cannot train it properly then keep it on a lead. simple

mrben100
    Free Member

If only Adolf’s mum had kept him on a lead!

Have to say that I own a dog (well puppy at the mo) and agree totally with TJ’s sentiment – we’ve chosen to have the pet so is out of order to make it other peoples problem through lack of control etc.

binners

You can never be too careful with these things. What if, at the next full moon, he turns into some kind of un-dead, were-spaniel? Then goes on a blood-splattered killing spree? Annoyingly yapping at the moon, then tearing peoples throats out with his newly sharpened incisors? Before depositing massive steaming were-spaniel eggs all over the trails? Eh? Eh?

Answer that! You bloody dog lovers!

mrben100
    Free Member

I’d blame it on the parents!

And not being on a lead.

richc
    Free Member

I blame it on Thatcher.

you cannot train your dog properly and don’t care that he raids peoples picnic

Amazing deduction mystic Jeremy, and from that analysis based on never seeing the dog in question we can all work out why you work in McDonalds.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Richc – no – from what you posted.

The issue is what they do when they are out of control. Mine raids picnics,

so you let you dog run around out of control and despite you knowing he does things that are very annoying to other folk you don’t stop him.

If you had your dog trained properly he would not do this, if you cared about it you would have him on lead to stop him doing this

typical selfish dog owner. You will not accept any criticism of your unsocial dogs bad behaviour and will not take responsibility for it.

Can I come and steal your picnic and make in inedible next time you are out?

richc
    Free Member

or perhaps mystic Meg, if you used your crystal ball a bit more you could work out that I either walk him where there aren’t any picnics, or when I think there is a risk of them I recall him and put him on the lead, as due to experience I know it might be an issue.

But considering your MASSIVE* intellect I guess you already worked this out.

Can I come and steal your picnic and make in inedible next time you are out?

Sure, let me know next time the care in the community bus is around and I will pop around to see you.

* compared to a Gnu …… perhaps.

McHamish
    Free Member

I hope this isn’t an elaborate marketing tool to promote the 25th anniversary edition of Cujo…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

richc – you used present tense – “My dog does” not “would do” or “did once”

You continually do this – defend dogs that are out of control.

Its really very simple – I can tell you are hard of thinking so I will say it again. Train your dog properly. Keep it under control. Thats all you need to do.

richc
    Free Member

My dog would given half the chance hover by a picnic as due to the amount of rubbish left after a large percentage of them he knows there are good pickings, also it isn’t unknown for people to give/throw him food , which is a pain in the arse and re-enforces the bad behaviour (perhaps, I can kick the people to try and teach them?)

Hence during or after hot sunny spells I avoid these areas, or keep him on the lead when I think their may be a risk of them, as anyone with any common sense would.

Perhaps that’s what I am doing wrong here, is assuming that you have any common sense ….

grum
    Free Member

Classic dog thread.

philconsequence
    Free Member

richc
    Free Member

That dog doesn’t look 100% in control to me, so where’s it’s lead …………. FOR GOD’s SAKE THINK OF THE CHILDREN …………..

McHamish
    Free Member

Here’s one without any clothes on…

philconsequence
    Free Member

no leads… children’s faces.

lets pray nobody was torn to shreds in the making of those photos!

richc
    Free Member

The horror, the horror ……………

Does anyone else wonder if TJ gets bored of being wrong all the time? his life was be so depressing and I can’t imagine what its like to looked at with pity and embarrassment by everyone you meet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Problem is richc – on this one I am right and have at length given you the data to show this. You have legal responsibilities.

Its the selfish dog owners like you who are in denial.

and by the way – I am laughing at your stupidity and bluster. ridiculous.

richc
    Free Member

Did you take so long to respond as you accidentally wrote your response out on your etch-a-sketch (again) TJ?

McHamish
    Free Member

You two need another hobby!

khani
    Free Member

Two birds with one stone…….

McHamish
    Free Member

Lets argue whether dog owners should make their pets wear helmets…I’m all for it…helmets save lives!

Discuss.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you want my head to explode scanner styleeeee?

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

You have legal responsibilities.

This from the bloke (you are a bloke aren’t you TJ, because your panties seem to be in a right bunch) who picks and chooses whether to obey red lights. Tut, tut, tut.

I’d forgotten how histrionic and sanctimonious TJ could be. Spectacluar baiting by Richc 😎

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who baited who?

You only have to mutter “train your dog properly and keep it under control” for dog owners to start bleating away – and as they have no argument they resort to childish and puerile insults.

richc
    Free Member

You wiped the spittle off your monitor yet TJ?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

If my dog bites anyone, then it will go for the needle, end of. I don’t own a dog as a status symbol, or to torment people, or to protect my property, although I have a feeling it would be a better detterent than a house alarm. I like dogs, my dog is well trained (not by me, it was a rescue), and when I have been on long term sick leave it has been good company.

ditch_jockey

Ah – another day, another dog thread on STW!

To the OP – given the attitude of the owner, I’d strongly recommend reporting the incident to the police, if only because there’s no indication he’ll take any sort of action to correct or restrain the dog’s behaviour in the future.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

soulwood – Member

I know what I would have done, Crocodile Dundee knife and gut the thing in front of him. Then say “I never do that”

😈

Report it to the plod and get your boosters from A&E.

Carry a bigger pump and beat the dog to a bloody pulp. Or carry on riding next time.

McHamish
    Free Member

Ah – another day, another dog thread on STW!

I’m sure we had a ‘cats are rubbish’ thread last week.

Why don’t we give cats and dogs a rest and argue about rabbits.

superdale
    Free Member

Harry – sorry to hear you got bitten. The dog owner sounds like they were in the wrong not having their dog under control or on a lead. However in balance I saw an owner have their dog run over by a cyclist on the hills yesterday – some scrote in jeans no helmet never even slowed down or apologised – and the dog came off a lot worse than you. There are good dogs & bad dogs just like good & bad riders.
    I love dogs but am always cautious around them after all we must be pretty scary on bikes to them, & it is instinctive for them to protect their master (i guess in some not all cases ie Paris Hilton 😉

grum
    Free Member

However in balance I saw an owner have their dog run over by a cyclist on the hills yesterday – some scrote in jeans no helmet never even slowed down or apologised – and the dog came off a lot worse than you.

What does what he was wearing have to do with it? Should he have apologised? I’ve nearly run over dogs before when they’ve ran right in front of me.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

On the basis that he said

The issue is what they do when they are out of control. Mine raids picnics

To then have you get your panties in such a bunch I would say it was you, my sweet ;-P

superdale
    Free Member

Yes I think he should have stopped & left his details. After all if you were driving on a public highway and hit a pedestrian, then drove off you would be commiting an offence, so how is that different from cycling on a public bridleway? Imagine if the dog had been a small child out walking with the parents & was hit by a speeding cyclist.

roverman
    Free Member

richc – Member
    TJ, as is always said on these threads Dogs (like people) are never 100% in control they aren’t machines.

If you actually talk to any dog owner (even the ones who you seem to think are 100% in control) and ask him or her if they think that their dog is 100% in control at all times and they will confirm this is the case.

My two penney worth, would never say I was in control of my dog (cairn terrier) but I all ways have him on a lead and can give him a good yank back when things wind him up.

Report the owner, get a jab, next time keep riding because when you outside the dogs territory they “usually” give up, if not put the bike between you and it

hilldodger
    Free Member

So while the dog owners/experts are about, what’s the best way to deal with jumpy yappy dogs ?
    I can’t decide between stopping and waiting for it to calm down/be controlled by owner or putting as much distance between myself and animal as poss.
    Option one, seems to work OK but does usually lead to exchange of views with owner &/or temptation to resort to non verbal communication.
    Option two gives less chance for dog/cyclist/owner interaction but does give the risk of leading dog deep into the woods and getting lost from its owner.

veedubba

Wrong thread, but for future reference, “of” and “have” don’t have the same meaning: “should’ve” not “should of”. Jesus, it’s simple English!

Did the place the incident happen have signs telling dog owners to keep their dogs on a lead? Actually, a pointless question as most dog owners ignore that anyway.

HarryTuttle

Blimy, what have I unleashed………

Oh well, it was always a risk!

For what it’s worth, the incident has been reported, and is now on file in case it happens again. Nothing else is likly to happen as I don’t have the guy’s name.

My ankle will be fine in a few days but I’ll always remember the sight of a grown man diving into the undergrowth like a bunny rabbit just to avoid giving me his name.

You guys feel free to keep the ‘debate’ going though!

bluebird
    Free Member

At about 9.30 I was returning home from a nice walk ride on the downs along a byway in a local wood (Abbots wood in Sussex for those who know the area) when I met a cyclist walker with 3 dogs one on a lead and 2 off. He I passed me him and one of my the dogs started yapping because he’s scared of bikes, so I stopped I’m not sure why but the cyclist stopped which only made my dog even more scared, the dog then bit my ankle drawing blood. He I was fuming and asked, well demanded, that I he give him my his detales so he I could report him. He didn’t give me a chance to apologise, and I felt very intimidated so I thought sod him and ran off.

Dogs shouldn’t bite people, but then again people don’t always behave perfectly either.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘Got bitten by a dog this morning…..’ is closed to new replies.