• This topic has 29 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Got a new bike (marmite content)
  • z1ppy

I know there’s been a couple posted, but this is mine

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uKca97]Evil Following[/url] by Paul, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/u5LsEw]Evil Following[/url] by Paul, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/v2hmUh]Evil Following[/url] by Paul, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uKci3J]Evil Following[/url] by Paul, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uKdw25]Evil Following in the Wild[/url] by Paul, on Flickr

Evil The Following (XL) frame in “Don’t shoot me orange”
    Rockshox Pike rct3 120mm
    24 ID LB rims on BOR Hubs
    XT Brakes
    2x XT/SLX drive train
    WTB Tyres
    Cheap seatpost/bars/stem for testing

I like it & that what counts… far too busy riding it to clean it for the photo’s. Had some issues/concerns with the shock, as I’m obviously at the limit of it range (clydesdale) but some bottomless rings appear to have me well on the way to perfection.

Cheers to Mark @ the Missing link for sorting this out & putting up with many months of indicision/impatience. Oh and big thanks to Lee @ Invisiframe for sorting that out

thegreatape
    Free Member

Your concrete lawn nipple needs the moss cleaned off.

renton
    Free Member

Nice bike.

I think it looks better from the driveside though.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Damn, that looks a beast . . . orange too . . . very very nice 😛 I’d need a step ladder to get anywhere near it though.

z1ppy

Lawn nipple is a frog, and no moss only lichen

Renton.. canne see it when I’m riding! 😉

you say that Mamadirt but the stand over is extremely generous and they do a small (not sure it would be small enough mind..)

PS: Cheers to Tenacious Doug, as his frame was the 1st into invisframe, all the hard work was done to make the kit for mine asap.. so my turn around was extrememly quick

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Good luck. You’ll need it 🙁

mattjg
    Free Member

No competent rider needs one of these over-priced skill compensators.

z1ppy

cheer for that GW, cause obviously I was oblivious to Evil’s history…. 🙄

mattjg
    Free Member

not to mention rear tyre liney-uppiness being 180 degrees out.

qwerty
    Free Member

That’s a really nice looking shed, with veranda type deck. Could do with a rocking chair.

z1ppy

luckily I’m not competent Ghetto, damn it… excuse me, I must just pop out (damned rear tyre)

roverpig

Nice one Paul. The wait must have been excruciating, but it looks fantastic. Now get back to riding it 🙂

z1ppy

Cheers RP, it’s been a bloody long wait & not been without it’s issues, as the debonair air can is more suited to a more svelte rider, but a set of RS’s bottom less rings have tamed that. Can happily say I’m much much happier on it than the T-129 or Segment I’d tested, though the shock issues (my weight) had me worried for while 😳
    I sharn’t try to review it’s ride, but will say it makes me all warm inside and giggly, as I do supposedly challenging trails

mattjg
    Free Member

flat bars on 20mm spacers? is there much drop from the saddle height?

I’m running 20mm + 20mm rise, grips come out a tiny bit lower than saddle.

An issue of body size relative to frame size I guess.

Good to see you up and running. +1 for the FUKRS (Following UK Rider Syndicate)

z1ppy

There was a hell of a lot of drop initally before I put all the spacers under the bars, think it’s more like 30mm worth of spacers (the on-one stem is tiny), but haven’t actually looked at that lately.. Had assumed with the ‘extra’ headstock length of the XL, that I’d need to keep the front end low with flat bars… it’s been surpring to find I’m probably going to need 20/30mm riser bars. Luckily I got all the component’s in sales, so they cost bugger all…

ps: it weighed 30.05 lb’s on Park scales

mattjg
    Free Member

Yeah, I like flats but couldn’t make it work without gazillions of spacer. Which apart from looking crap meant reach shortened a lot due to slackness.

midlifecrashes

Going to need a funny shaped bottle for that overcomplicated looking cage. 😉

jes
    Free Member

Hope that linkage is winter Wyre friendly 🙂 Looks very nice.

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like it’s going uphill on the flat 😕

z1ppy

Qwerty have to admit it’s not mine, though rocking chair would be useful after the contrete climb up to it.. belongs to the Cadbury family, and TBH I’m always surprised some idiot hasn’t burnt it down.. I believe at least one bivvy rider likes to hang there hammock there quite regularly (or used to)

Jes really? I don’t believe there is bike invented (even fat un’s) that’s Wyre friendly once the rain starts.. 😈

daveh
    Free Member

This frame/bike seems to attract more criticism and negative comments than the STW norm, why is that?

mattjg
    Free Member

Envy from those who have ridden one and ignorance from those who haven’t. 😆

(Not sure it does really).

ben98
    Free Member

Looks like the suspension is bottomed out all the time to me. Honestly, I don’t like how it looks, but I’m sure it rides brilliantly and if you’re happy with it that’s all that matters!

spawnofyorkshire

I like it. It looks different to the norm, not just with the linkage, but also with some of the angles of seattube etc.
    I’m someone who generally prefers the straighter tube aesthetic (old skool steel)
    It does sound like a fun ride as well which is helping my opinion

bright
    Free Member

Grass looks patchy and the greenhouse could use a clear out.

mattjg
    Free Member

The moment I saw it (which I think was here http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-evil-bikes-the-following-2015.html ) – I thought “that bike looks right and I want one”.

I’m not going to call it pretty, bit it has a certain robust fit-for-purposeness about it. A bit Robocop.

renton
    Free Member

Is that the shed from the wyre forest ?

AlexSimon

I’m still in ‘new bike mode’ with mine, but that still doesn’t mean I don’t reeeeeeaallly want yours 🙂

(with a dropper and 1x though)

matt_outandabout

Your concrete lawn nipple needs the moss cleaned off.

A phrase I never imagined I would ever see written down. 😆

z1ppy

I’m someone who generally prefers the straighter tube aesthetic (old skool steel)

I have to admit, I wasn’t sold on the look straight away & was edging towards the more tradition Banshee Phantom. Decided that the Banshee (along with being almost impossible to demo) was a tougher bike than I needed (Trans Smuggler is 1x only, so was never an option)

The chalet is in the Wyre, yes Renton, did you never visit it when you lived in Droitwich?

Grass is patchy due to new dog.. not that it was every perfect, and yeah the green house has become a bit of a mess (only becuase the garage is full of my bike crap), no tomato plants on the go this year.
    Dropper will be ordered, but I’ve never had one previously, so wanted to get used to the bike “as is” before going for it.
    1×11 may well be on the cards, once XT comes out, as I’m not paying stupid money for a SRAM cassette (yes I could have afforded it)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Got a new bike (marmite content)’ is closed to new replies.