Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Gossip corner
  • emsz
    Free Member

sorry, been really busy with course work and stuff, how’ve you been? What’s going on with you? What’s new and exciting?

Me? Met this nice girl, we’ve been on a couple of dates, nothing serious. Painted my room finally you’ll be pleased to hear!! Yes the horrible faded yellow/ brown has gone!! Mocha and egyptian cotten!! Looks lush, .ohh, and finally found a leccy guitar I like ( squire standard strat) hooray!!

weeksy

I bought a new Honda Cr-V

and decided to smarten myself up and spent £300 on clothes and a nice pair of Timberlands

TimP
    Free Member

I am hoping for some really good news later – afternoon is really dragging!!

binners

Hi Emsz

*waves*

There have been kitten issues

Oh… and Mocha is no good as a paint colour reference. It has to be frapachino explosion (if we’re sticking with beverage references) or maybe coconut maypole?

DezB
    Free Member

So glad you got rid of the yellow/brown combo. I didn’t like that at all.

Cougar

Yes the horrible faded yellow/ brown has gone!! Mocha and egyptian cotten!!

You’ve replaced yellow and brown with yellow and brown?

binners

Cosmopolitan Monkey Feltch? and Caspian Banana?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Did you mean to post this on mumsnet? Never mind, let’s go with it.

My current contract is coming to an end so I’m intending to take some time out sitting on a park bench, drinking special brew and shouting unintilligible rubbish at passers by. Probably in Worthing but may spend a day or two in Brighton. Anyone in the area feel free to come and say hello, don’t come too close as I may not smell so good later in the week.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cosmopolitan Monkey Feltch? and Caspian Banana?

I was at school with them.

scuzz
    Free Member

Ahhh, intermission…

footflaps

My current contract is coming to an end so I’m intending to take some time out sitting on a park bench, drinking special brew and shouting unintilligible rubbish at passers by.

Good plan, any room for a cider drinker?

IHN

Cosmopolitan Monkey Feltch

I loved their first album.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Cider drinkers welcome so long as it is upmarket cider like Diamond White.

emsz
    Free Member

Haha it was going to be lushcious raspberry ( pink to you boys) , but I chickened out in the end!! rubber buccaneer, er sounds eventful… LoL

DezB I know me neither what a relief it’s gone!

Why does my strat buzz? Not when I’m playing, but otherwise it just buzzes! annoying grrrr

*kisses* hi binners

TimP
    Free Member

My current contract is coming to an end so I’m intending to take some time out sitting on a park bench, drinking special brew and shouting unintilligible rubbish at passers by.
    Good plan, any room for a cider drinker?

If I dont hear soon, I might come and join you, but got a bit of a cold so will probably be on hot port if that is OK?

willard

Feedback? Gain too high?

I spent the weekend down near Exeter and the weather was lovely, which was nice. This weekend I will be near Oxford. At some point, I really should spend some time at home.

emsz
    Free Member

Cougar; yellow and horrid brown replaced by chocolate/coffee and creamy White.

Sophisticated. 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Cosmopolitan Monkey Feltch

Sounds like some kind of cocktail that comes with a straw in it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

got a bit of a cold so will probably be on hot port if that is OK?

Sorry, no hot port. Cheap sherry is the best I can offer.

flip
    Free Member

Can’t get Felix Baumgartner outta my head, the most amazing thing i’ve ever seen 😉

igrf
    Free Member

Cleared the loft got some of that free Government insulation, the house is toasty warm now and used the brownie points to spend this weekend at a sailboat regatta in Broxbourne, with guys and gals off the sailing forum, excellent craic.

scuzz
    Free Member

Does it still buzz when the pickup selector is in the second position (where first is pointing at the neck)?

kimbers

gossip here is that last week Lucia and Nuria in our shared office had a huge mediterranean row about use of radioactivity in the lab

tbh i found the entire thing quite exciting,

the icy silence today is getting a bit much though

logical
    Free Member

Cougar; yellow and horrid brown replaced by chocolate/coffee and creamy White.

Yellow and brown replaced with brown and yellow.

Ive been working and watching the eldest play rugby. He beat Taffs wells and some other team yesterday, can’t remember who they are but they wore black and yellow. Oh and brown but only after they got muddy. Ties in nicely

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I didn’t think there was much room for improvement in my breakfast routine… That was before I bought the DeLonghi Icona 4 slot toaster. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say that my life will never be the same again. 4 four slices of perfectly golden browned toast in less than a minute. Amazetoast.

emsz
    Free Member

Scuzz, buzzes wherever selector is. Could be earth? Says dad

Kimbers sounds terrible, haven’t they made up?

scuzz
    Free Member

Scuzz, buzzes wherever selector is. Could be earth? Says dad

Aye, your dad sounds about right. Does it buzz more when you’re touching it or touching anything metal on it? That’s well fun. (Of course, single coils buzz anyway, but it should be wired in a way that stops the buzzing for a couple of selector positions)
    If you’ve got a new set of strings, a screwdriver, a soldering iron and some solder, it’s an easy enough fix. Let me know if you can’t find a guide.

binners

Kimbers – I would imagine that watching a huge Mediterranean row would just make you sigh with relief that no southern European countries possess nuclear weapons*

* France has, obviously. But they’re hardly likely to use them

emsz
    Free Member

Errrr right, can the shop I bought it from sort that?

Shibboleth 4 pieces of toast? Greedy LOL

scuzz
    Free Member

Errrr right, can the shop I bought it from sort that?

Yes; You shouldn’t even need to take them a cake.
    (Actually, if you bought it from Argos you might not be in luck, I’m assuming it’s a guitar shop equivalent to a LBS)

kimbers

binners – Member

Kimbers – I would imagine that watching a huge Mediterranean row would just make you sigh with relief that no southern European countries possess nuclear weapons*

well both ladies do have access to radioactive materials

I dont think that it will get that bad though, although if one of them starts to display litvinenko like symptoms id be worried

and id only have ‘sighed with relief’ if theyd started wrestling 😈

emsz
    Free Member

The cake is a lie anyway 🙂 ( nerdy game reference)

scuzz
    Free Member

The cake is a lie anyway ( nerdy game reference)

She made me murder my best friend with fire.

binners

Shibboleth – isn’t the fourth one getting cold by the time you reach it? Surely 2 is the optimum? Or are 2 of you eating simultaneously? Which presents potential knife-confusion pitfalls if, say, one of you is going for jam, and the other going for pate? Its a minefield. Literally

emsz
    Free Member

*fist bumps* scuzz

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Shibboleth – isn’t the fourth one getting cold by the time you reach it? Surely 2 is the optimum?

I bought it for when entertaining, my ‘guests’ usually require a bite to eat the morning after, this allows me to feed them and myself in one fell swoop. Saves that guilty feeling of giving them 2 slices that have cooled whilst waiting for mine to toast, or that deep, bottomless pit of disappointment one feels eating cold toast whilst some strumpet you’ve no intention of ever seeing again tucks into gloriously warm toast.

I see where you’re coming from, but I thought long and hard about it…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shibboleth, always play away fixtures. Far easier to escape if you’ve bagged a boiler.

emsz
    Free Member

deep, bottomless pit of disappointment one feels eating cold toast whilst some strumpet you’ve no intention of ever seeing again tucks into gloriously warm toast.

Haha haha literally spat tea, strumpet is suuuch a cool word LOL, girl I last had over I got into trouble about, didn’t know that flatmate had his evil GF over to stay, I left early and told my date she could use the shower, and he got into loads of grief from her about it…LOL

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Yeah, you can’t guarantee that you’ll get Warburtons Toastie bread with Lurpack butter. Nowt worse than doing the Walk of Shame on an empty stomach…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Emsz, if you ever want to move, I have a couple of spare rooms… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Gossip corner’ is closed to new replies.