Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gorrilapod and the alternatives?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Thanks in advance for the info 🙂

I am looking for a felxible “tripod” and obviously know about the Gorrilapod – it is for a camera weighing about 400g (but will also be sued with a compact and a GoPro)
    Is the gorrilapod the “go to” or are their any other alternatives out there worth looking at? Want a buy once and keep rather than buy cheap buy a zillion times

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Watched one of the pro photographers at the world’s with 3 on his pack, that is a fairly good advert given how much abuse those guys give their kit.

benp1

The cheaper ones might be OK, but I found my gorillapod to be ace. The bit when it comes into it’s own is when it’s at a funny angle and able to hold the weight of the dslr combined with a lens that’s been zoomed out/in so the weight isn’t central. It’ll be an expensive mistake…

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

If it’s definitely that sort of mega-adaptable mount that you need then I’m not aware of any alternatives.

Manfrotto, amongst several others, do an array of tripods which go from ‘so small it’ll fit in your pocket’ to ‘so huge it can only go in a studio’ and do some in carbon fibre with a view to them being used by folk who are going out and about. Have a look at Wex Photographic for a reasonable example of what’s about.

zilog6128

I got one recently, discounted at Amazon, rock solid. IMO they are reasonably priced so no point chancing a cheaper copy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gorrilapod and the alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.