Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gorrick XC Race this Sunday, is it going to be a mud bath?
  • Painey
    Free Member

Thinking of entering this race on Sunday but I raced at Crowthorne once before, several years ago, and the conditions were awful. I’ll be in the Open category which due to start time will always have a churned up course to deal with, however the last time had people getting stuck everywhere and deep mud in places that you could barely ride through.

Considering the recent rainfall and further rain expected for tomorrow and Saturday, I’m wondering if it’s likely to be a repeat?

Anyone been there recently or got a rough idea of what the course is likely to be?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I thought about it, but then I looked at the weather on Saturday, and decided it would be a rubbish idea.

toby1

They put some course images on facebook last night and suggested it’d be more of a spattering than a sufferfest so probably worth digging those out.

njee20
    Free Member

Crowthorne just gets gritty (except the bit up on the moors), but it is usually very gritty! I personally don’t really enjoy it, but I’d guess it’ll be a bit of a slopfest, albeit a totally rideable one!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gorrick XC Race this Sunday, is it going to be a mud bath?’ is closed to new replies.