Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Gorillaz . . . . 2017.
  • jekkyl

Yesterday Gorillaz released a whole load of new music videos ahead of the new album.
    Loving this interactive music video allows you to pan 360. Not entirely convinced by the quality of the tunes yet, but we’ll see. This one’s pretty cool though.
    [video]https://youtu.be/lVaBvyzuypw[/video]

RoterStern
    Free Member

Liked that. Thanks jekkyl. 🙂

jekkyl

it is now entirely appropriate to listen to the entire back catalogue while cleaning.

16 years ago!
    [video]https://youtu.be/UclCCFNG9q4?list=RDUclCCFNG9q4[/video]

njee20
    Free Member

Clint Eastwood is still an amazing song! As long as it’s murdered by the remix Radio 1 insisted on playing.

rt60
    Free Member

I was at the live show last night where they ran through the whole album, one hell of a performance and it take down a lot to impress me.

muggomagic

watched the facebook live of the show last night. bloody love gorillaz

CountZero

Gotta love Mr Hewlett’s contributions to Gorillaz! I’ll be checking these new choonz out over the next few days. 😀

gears_suck
    Free Member

Gud innit. Ta.

allthepies
    Free Member

I love Hong Kong. The Gorillaz track that is.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1RzxBBAQzA[/video]

Pook

Damon Albarn. Musical genius?

colournoise

Pook – Member
    Damon Albarn. Musical genius?

Not sure about that, but certainly way better than he’s usually given credit for.

bikebouy
    Free Member

jimdubleyou

Found it a bit meh when I was briefly previewing it on iTunes.

Will have a longer listen…

jekkyl

New album has been out for nearly a week with 20 whole tunes on. I have to say I am underwhelmed. Almost every track has the ‘skip to the next one’ factor to it, not pleasurable listening, some almost painful.
    Tickets for the tour in the winter are out now though, would it acceptable to take a 7 year old to a Gorillaz gig do you reckon? the wife reckons not. 🙁

lucien

Bought tickets to see them in Vienna, mid-week with my 20 year old son.

AlexSimon

Completely missed this. Listening now.

prawny

Heard one on 6 music this morning, I’m most intrigued by the line that (on the radio) goes ‘you can get a /blank/ in the /blank/ for cheap’ (I think anyway)

Going to have to listen to the album version of that one at least, to satisfy my curiosity.

Overall though, they’re a band I respect, but don’t really enjoy that much.

pictonroad

Listened to the album a couple of times through. It’s a miss from me, too much of the same and very downbeat (some painfully so). Previous work has seen them mix it up a bit more.

They’re still good though, just as an album, a bit ‘meh’.

scud
    Free Member

Same for me, loved some of the early stuff and i went to (i think) their first ever gig at La Scala, but this new album is dull apart from a few segments of a few tracks, they seem to have so many guests and collaborations but not the material to exploit them? That Grace jones track is painful!

DezB
    Free Member

I was asked if I wanted to go see them, wouldn’t mind, liked their early stuff. The trick of taking new music, watering down and making it commercial works well. But then I saw the ticket prices. **** right off!

jekkyl

The prices seemed reasonable and on par to me, I looked at Manchester and they were starting at £34 for 2nd tier seating up to £54 for good seats. That’s about normal for Arena gigs. Also, loads of notices on there about the tix will be cancelled if they are resold and all tix will have the persons name on that bought them, people will be refused entry if that person isn’t there on entry. I like that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I heard a new track yesterday, below par IMO.

AlexSimon

Not much has tickled my fancy yet (first listen).
    It’s heightened my anticipation for the new UNKLE album even more – June 23.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ5U87NlklI[/video]

jekkyl

Oh that’s interesting Alex. Do we know if Shadow is back in the collab? can’t find much info on-line.

DezB
    Free Member

I seem to recall reading that UNKLE is just James Lavelle and guests. No sure where I read it – Factmag suggests same

scud
    Free Member

It was only the very first album that had Shadow on i think, all of them since are James Lavelle.

AlexSimon

The first single was launched in Feb:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB27jsUGX1A[/video]

So it should be varied at least 🙂

According to wikipedia, From 2016, the live gigs have been:

James Lavelle – keyboards, programming
    Steve Weston – engineering, visuals
    Keeling Lee (Groove Armada, Way Out West) – guitar
    Jack Leonard – bass, vocals
    Liela Moss (The Duke Spirit) – vocals
    Mike Whitford (Escape from New York) – vocals
    Alex Thomas (Squarepusher, Air) – drums

MSP

They are one of those bands where I really like a couple of songs off each album they have made, enticing me into buying the album, but have then been disappointed with the whole.

AlexSimon

MSP – Gorillaz or UNKLE?
    If Gorillaz, I would agree

MSP

Gorillaz

docrobster
    Free Member

The ticket prices. I got 2 for my 16 year old gorrilaz obsessed son and his mate to go to the Manchester gig. Got them on Wednesday in the pre-sale. Standing, £51 each before postage. Compared to the £60+ I paid to see morrisey at the same venue last year I think that’s not bad. Arena gigs always cost a fortune. We paid £30 to see Richard hawley in castleton cavern the other week… basically a couple of blokes on guitars with a projector. I imagine gorrilaz will have a slightly bigger show.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Im taking my family to manchester as well. 35 each for seated. Very much looking forward to the spectacle.

darrenspink
    Free Member

and all tix will have the persons name on that bought them

I didnt have to put anyones names on.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Gorillaz . . . . 2017.’ is closed to new replies.