Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gorilla Tape…?
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Anyone used it as a frame protection tape?
    Just wondering if it would be any good?

km79
    Free Member

Not used it on a frame, it has sort of serrated edges to allow you to tear it from the roll, it might collect a lot of dust/dirt along the serrations and start to peel.

prawny

It wears through quite quickly, used to use it on racing kayaks to protects where the paddles hit the boat.

I use it to route my brake cable on my commuter and it’s done a good job and status stuck, but I reckon cables would chew it up quickly.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Does it all have serrated edges?

Seems so much cheaper.

km79
    Free Member

The roll I have has serrated edges along the length of both sides, perhaps there are other variants available.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

On recommendation here tried to.buy some self additive (?) tape from B&Q but they had never heard of it, s have bought some for exactly your reason. Will be putting it on this weekend.

teethgrinder

I use 1″ Gorilla Tape as ‘Invisi(ish)tape’ on my black anodised Spitfire where the cables touch the head and down tubes, and the bridge between the chani and seat stays. Thicker than helitape and blends in well. no accumulation of muck on edges, but cut with sharp scissors rather than torn off.

It works as it should, and would use again. Really should order a few more 1″ rolls.

spectabilis
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    On recommendation here tried to.buy some self additive (?) tape

Self amalgamating?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/self-amalgamating-rubber-tape-black-19mm-x-10m/87717

brooess
    Free Member

I used some to repair the mudguard on my commuter a year ago and it’s still going strong – seems pretty tough to me and not coming unstuck at all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gorilla Tape…?’ is closed to new replies.