Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Goretex Trousers-3/4s-Shorts
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Just a quick update on the goretex shorts thread of a week ago.

Ive bought two pairs

Firstly I bought a pair of the desert goretex trousers – listed price as 15.99
    delivery a whopping £10
    delivered about 10 days after the order – two days after i emailed the company to inquire, to which i recieved no reply. That could be down to postal strikes i suppose.
    The desert camo looks nasty in the flesh (Tracey said too late). I bought medium, which arrived as 80/84/100. They would fit over any clothes easily. (they are huge)

Secondly I ordered a pair of British DPM Camo Trousers again in Medium. These look a lot better, fit a lot nicer in that they would go comfortably over lycra as baggies rather than over baggies. They also have zipped pockets. The elastic waist/drawstring is a lot better quality. The ankles have a velcro adjustment. These are so good im seriously considering leaving them as trousers to try them out before i chop them down.

The customer service i recieved from Action Station was second to none. Shortly after i placed my order I recieved an email to check that i had ordered correctly! I also ordered a Dutch Camo Jacket, for dog walking duties (£50 for a goretex jacket!), the email asked if I had wanted the matching trousers, After i rather guiltily admitted i was going to hack the trousers down to 3/4s for riding, I got another email to let me know that if I wanted to avoid camo altogther, there is the RAF trousers (blue) which i may like. Its really nice when a company takes the time to read your order and think about it.
    Delivery was then super quick (Fed Ex)

Course it wont rain this winter now 🙁

TooTall
    Free Member

Stupid boy – speak to me next time! 🙄

devs
    Free Member

Dunno where you got your deserts from but mine were a tenner with a fiver postage and arrived in 2 days. Not cut them down yet though as others have said, the colour just doesn't look right for mtb shorts. Dunno why because I often cycle in cut off dezzy dpms.
    The other green dpm trousers you ordered are not the stuff that is issued to the military. It's not army surplus but that's not to say it won't be as good. It's also more expensive.
    Just my opinion but if you want to wear those RAF trousers then you really do need your head examining 🙂

Tracey

Kevins were new, they are now cut down, girls are the cut offs as beenies

Tracey

TooTall
    Free Member

Just my opinion but if you want to wear those RAF trousers then you really do need your head examining

Honestly – some of the best cut and fit waterproof trousers I've ever worn – and they have been as waterproof as anything else.

devs
    Free Member

I think they look and perform pish. You don't go by a pseudonym of TTB by any chance do you?

devs
    Free Member

Tracey do they look any better now that they are "worn in"?

Tracey

No mater how worn in they will never look any better, the only way to get them to look any good would be to turn them inside out or just wear them in the dark

Tracey

TooTall
    Free Member

DeVs – are you talking about the newest pattern ones? I've cucled in them in the lashing rain more than several times on commutes and they have been great. They are the nearest waterproofs to normal trousers in fit so less fabric flapping around.

devs
    Free Member

Unless they are new in the last 3 years then yes. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I saw a set of blue waterproofs. Do they even do them anymore? I'm playing rugby with a stacker from clothing stores tomorrow so I'll check. Nobody ever wore them because they were pish and the S95 goretex was far superior. You never answered about being TTB? It's a long shot but you talk (type) and sound like someone I knew down Huntingdon way.

TooTall
    Free Member

I'm not TTB – whoever that is.

Yes – they are new – in the last 2 yrs I think – and they are good goretex. Much better than the ones you refer to.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Goretex Trousers-3/4s-Shorts’ is closed to new replies.