Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gore repair patches
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

So after about 3 weeks of owning some gore alp x shorts wearing them about 3 times ive acquired a lovely rip in them from the seat nose 🙁 i know they are light, but jeezus thought they would endure better from a crash, let alone snagging on the nose of a seat!

anyways – ive acquired some gore patches – direct from gore as they wouldnt warranty them 🙁 they sent me some patches to iron instead…

however no instructions came with it and they can only find the instructions in german on a pdf 🙁

anyone got any or care to help?

rickmeister

tried babelfish for an interweb translation..?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

its on like a scanner copy .pdf so the wording etc is not accessible, its just basically like someone has saved it as a jpeg and put it on a scanner or something 🙁

Big-Pete
    Free Member

If they are these http://www.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=MCN0003KK&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products

they just stick on, dont iron, they gain full strength after 24 hours and are very good.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmm cheers pete – its not that no, its like a cut of white fabric – sure one of the pictures suggested ironing it on though…

that looks like a different kit – i was just sent a few sheets of the white fabric?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers pete! appreciate the help – that kit looks the trick.. though paying for it doesnt seem quite right but still 🙁

Lummox

I used tenacious tape to repair a jacket but found stick on inner tube patches to be a far more satisfactory repair. It’s such a small area that breathability isn’t an issue.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the tear is about 2 inches maybe a bit more long- straight line really with a bit of rough edges either side – possible idea there with inner tube patches – thought the kit above hopefully looks the trick too!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gore repair patches’ is closed to new replies.