Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gore Jacket – Or other recommendations?
  • mls678
    Free Member

With the winter looming I’m looking at a new jacket – and the Gore Jackets look lovely – liking the Phantom / Fusion / Alp X jackets and having tried on a Phantom loved the material / high quality.

Anyone got any other recommendations? Haven’t bought a jacket in a while so just trying to learn what others might buy?

It needs to be waterproof / windproof and good at keeping me warm when v cold!

Cheers

Matt

slimporcini
    Free Member

I recently bought a Berghaus paclite jacket. Only used it a couple of times but really happy with. It may not be as fitted as the Gore stuff though but it certainly keeps out the wind and rain.

mls678
    Free Member

Thanks. Any other recommendations?

gren
    Free Member

Can’t give any others but I can say my Phantom is probably the best bit of bike clothing I own. Looks brand new after two winters as well.

Worn on its own, it’s fine up to 7-8 degrees. With a merino base layer its fine for sub zero

eskimonumber1

Can’t give any others but I can say my Phantom is probably the best bit of bike clothing I own. Looks brand new after two winters as well.

^ I’ll second that, love mine.

asterix
    Free Member

I have a Gore Alp-X 2.0 and it is great. Completely wind and waterproof, and a great detachable hood that will go under a helmet for those really wet days. It is pretty tightly fitted and doesn’t have much thermal insulation, but then it packs down small.

Alp-X 2.0

mls678
    Free Member

Fab guys, thanks. Any others?

plus-one

I have one of these got it off the bay £50(as new) best jacket I’ve ever owned.. Look past the roadie image it is quality ..

Snow/wind/rain and freezing temps not an issue .. I was snug all last winter

http://www.enduraequipe.com/products/jackets_and_softshells/thermo_windshield_jacket.aspx

rewski
    Free Member

Another fan of the gore alp x here.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

+1 for Alp-X 2.0

Stunning quality, looks & excellent fit.

Even wear it sometimes off the bike.

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got an Alp-X; it’s great.

And Lancashire Sports Repairs in Burnley can fix crash-damaged Goretex, usefully.

loddrik
    Free Member

Paramo, better than any boil in the bag overpriced membrane.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gore Jacket – Or other recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.