Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Gore coundown jacket for peanuts
  • ojom
    Free Member

Oh and its not a publicity stunt… the site has been like this for a while now.

We are an LBS with (hopefully!) a web presence but we intend to be a good LBS first and foremost and a web shop for those who can’t visit us.

Mark

Gary_M
    Free Member

relax nina, how longs does it take to send the same e-mail to a bunch of people, seconds maybe. And look at the free advertising thats created. I’m sure bikechain won’t be complaining. Its the kind of stunt Brant would be proud of.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Where’s my free jacket??? 😡 😡 😡

MrNutt
    Free Member

not really nina, I just “ordered” one as I’m sure they will now have an idea that a proportion of the people who have “ordered” have basically expressed an interest in buying a new jacket, now all they need to do is have a friendly chat with their Gore rep and see if they could get a special price and offer it to all who’ve expressed an interest?

ojom
    Free Member

Gary_M – to prevent spamming and mis use of email addresses we embed the email address of the orderer in the text of the order.

The emails come from shop@thebikechain.co.uk to shop@theb….

This means we cannot send a blanket email and hence I ill go through them all to create individual responses.

As i say – it means we cannot be victim of address book wormy thingys.

nina
    Free Member

i love this – you send money when singletrack gets hacked but try and screw over small indy bike shops. ace

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yet another ‘high horse’ style poster.

nina
    Free Member

aye – its nice up here

Gary_M
    Free Member

It must be cold up there atop your horse on the moral high ground.

rOcKeTdOg

whats better is rocketdog knows the manager and is possibly just trying to ruin his day. what a nice thing to do

no i don’t/didn’t until i read Marks reply, when did he move from pure racing to being an owner of a bike shop?, i obviously didn’t get that email!

and btw i didn’t order owt, i’f i’d have know it was mark i’d have tried to contact him somehow (obvously i can’t through mlehworld. com anymore)

nina
    Free Member

quite pleasent actually

tinsy
    Free Member

I let my greed carry me away, ordered one, then had an attack of guilt and have e-mailed to cancel it and appologise… I feel better now.

Gary_M
    Free Member

All those morals and poor spelling will only lead to trouble.

If you were greedy you would have ordered more than one, opportunistic maybe.

tinsy
    Free Member

One spelling mistake, thats rather good for me…. Dyslexia rules KO

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wasn’t referring to you tinsy, I was referring to the chap on the tall horse.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i take offence at being compared to the tax dodging, eyeball rodgering GNARGNAR

anyway, where is the similarity between dodgeing the TV licience (don’t do), paying singletrack (didnt do, and if i was paying id expect soemthing back, like less techno techno techno adverts), and seeing if its possible to get a freeebie?

nina
    Free Member

him?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I don’t expect a Gore jacket for nowt, I would like to hear if they have a STW Special” on though!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am guessing you don’t work in retail MrNutt? Or perhaps even in the real world?

rOcKeTdOg

*waits for apology* (or however you spell it)

twohats
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

All those morals and poor spelling will only lead to trouble.

And as usual, when your internet argument starts to fail the argument turns to spelling…

trevorx
    Free Member

wow, this is another top STW thread.

MrNutt
    Free Member

cynic-al, I’m convinced that live in the a world full of idiocy, I’m quite sure that its real but I can never be too sure…

I do understand that if you have an opportunity its best to capitalize on it,

for example, if a number of people expressed an interest in ordering a Gore bike jacket, albeit mispriced, they are still interested in the product and it would be safe to consider them a “Target Market”.

Building up a loyal customer base and generating word-of-mouth promotion is key to any successful business.

If theBikechain we’re to email all the people who had tried to “order” a Gore jacket offering ether a discounted product or perhaps even better a Discount Voucher worth the RRP value of the Gore jacket?

Now stick with me on this the voucher could then be used to obtain say a maximum of up to 15% off per purchase until that RRP/Discount figure had been reached, make it valid for three months and you’d have a few folk who would probably consider spending at thebikechain rather than elsewhere and also they would tell their friends where they got it from, and so it goes?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Effectively a free jacket, as an apology for…nothing?

snowslave

Upon reflection I’m ashamed I ordered one, and have also sent an email apologising. It’s a personal thing, and I feel better for it. I’ve done lots of bad things in my life, as I’ve got older I’ve realised that getting a result through badness doesn’t make me feel good even if I get what I was after.

If you feel different, that’s your choice, go for it, but this will take up someone’s time/money on the back of a mistake. Shame on ya x10!!! 😛

[rides off on moderately high horse to play harp in a band with other angels. Horse would be higher only I tried it on in the first place…]

TheYeti
    Free Member

If you want to fret about morals, perhaps pay a bit more attention to where the clothes you buy are made or how the money in your bank account is used by that bank, rather than policing the buying practices of others on here. There is no harm done and to suggest that anyone here would like there to be is highly insulting, effectively removing you from the moral high ground you so quickly claimed as your own. You know who you are! 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

as i’m no longer going to get a free jacket, i will now go off and drown some kittens in a freezing river, take out a credit card, and to top it all, not addopt an african child.

(n.b. im not doing this in protest, im doing it because i want to keep the STW stabels in business during these hard times for the high horse business, which is more niche than Ti 27.5er twin speed unicycling dont cha know.)

snowslave

I’m burning a scarecrow dressed from head to toe in Howies gear as pennance.

nina
    Free Member

There is no harm done

just lots of extra work, sure they had nothing better to do. if it were me i’d hike the price and put through all your card details 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i’d just have a poo

Smee
    Free Member

Good shop The Bike Chain.

davidrussell
    Free Member

nina – and then spend the day processing order cancellations?

TheYeti
    Free Member

There is no harm done

just lots of extra work, sure they had nothing better to do. if it were me i’d hike the price and put through all your card details

No, no extra work; no one expects a reply from them; or any credit card buggering around or anything, they didn’t even take credit card details in the order process.

Luckily, for the moral majority, you are not in charge at The Bike Chain! 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

just lots of extra work, sure they had nothing better to do. if it were me i’d hike the price and put through all your card details

What card details. Anyway ‘copy > paste’ – how hard can that be.

It’s extra work for me cause I’ll have to e-mail them next week when my jacket hasn’t arrived. Then never happens with wiggle when I pay for stuff.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

some people just get a kick out of spoiling good honest fun, good whilst it lasted 🙂

snowslave

jesus knows you’ve done wrong and he’s coming to get you

MrNutt
    Free Member

cynic-al it’s not a free jacket it would be encouraging spend which would normally be spent else where, also NO CARD DETAILS were taken! just personal details, address & email.

what’s more just how long would it really take to sort the non-orders out? anyone with even a half baked system isn’t going to have to spend more than a minute per entry surely! I doubt they have received anymore than 60 orders unless its been posted on something like hotdeals?

and what’s more, its still live!! if they don’t want to sit there canceling orders perhaps they should pull the item!

I doubt anyone in there right mind could reasonably expect to get a free jacket by clicking on a website, I filled it in but only out of curiosity! 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

seriously, no one really thought they were actually going to get one did they.

you don’t have to sell at the advertised price, it’s an offer to trade not a contract of sale

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

i think thebikechain may have got onto something good here, you say your a new shop right? so how about setting up a relationship with singletrack, like all subscribed members get 10% off and free p&p. you can then montor the website and when some one has a need or a problem you can offer you assistance and help. we are nice people deep down 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Oh well placed an order just to see what happens.

This is almost as good as the deal I got on my Laptop, a major league error by PC world.

I got a £329 laptop for £99 after looking on their website and noticing a reserve and collect offer at the top of the page, several of us bought one that day 😆

Their online T&C’s said act that as soon as you recieve the conformation email that acts as proof of purchase, he hee, the manager wasn’t overly impressed

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Gore coundown jacket for peanuts’ is closed to new replies.