Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gore Cosmo Plus Jacket
  • organic355
    Free Member

Anyone have one of these?

oddjob
    Free Member

I had one, but one day I took it off when I was out riding and never managed to find it again 😆

ojom
    Free Member

i have a WS non plus in Black

On its 2nd year now.

Wouldn't be without it. The plus ^ is a warmer version.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    organic355
    Free Member

its only gore windstopper, will it even be shower proof?

gamo
    Free Member

Mate has one, great when its cold/dry but 5 minutes of rain and its soaked through!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

erm, thats sort of the point of soft shell!

For those who DO understand the concept, you'll realise that being dry, and being comfortable, aren't really the same thing…

http://www.psychovertical.com/?cuthecrap

druidh
    Free Member

If you want to beef up the water-resistance you can use the Nikwax Softshell proofer. You'll have to take a bit more care about washing it (like not using detergents) and re-proof it occasionally, but the same is true of all soft shells

BadlyWiredDog

its only gore windstopper, will it even be shower proof?

Actually the fabric – membrane based – is effectively waterproof, but Gore Windstopper garments aren't taped so water leaks in through the seams. Some of the Gore Bikewear stuff has been designed to minimise exposed seams and has external taping stuff so is actually very water resistant. It's always amused me that the Cosmo Plus has two huge reflective panels at the rear of the trunk, but then I'm easily pleased.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I've got one – very toasty indeed!

Dries quickly and does the job.

GuyFox40
    Free Member

I've got one but only really use it for night rides when the weather is crap(crapper than normal for SW scotland i mean) cos it gets a bit too warm but maybe thats just cos am a bit o a heffalump

Save some money and mutterings of "nob" by getting the black one rather than the camo

organic355
    Free Member

I like the camo so will have to put up with the mutterings! 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

I tried one of these on this weekend, and the sizing is really odd. I am normally a smallin most bike clothing and sometimes a medium.

I couldnt get the small on and the medium was really tight across the shoulders.

They didnt have a large, but would never have thought I would have needed one, and no it isnt the mince pies as I am actually losing weight at the moment 😀

twohats
    Free Member

I've got a camo one and its currently doing its 3rd season. Ace jacket, but very warm and only gets used when its very cold, i.e around freezing point, other wise I find it just too warm! Mine gets used more as an everyday jacket rather than on the bike! Top piece of kit.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I've got the black and a mate has the camo. Got them from Flying Fox and got serious discounts instore. They're not waterproof but they're good enough. The chemical treatment they use does wear out over time but you can use Granger's or Nikwax thereafter. If you want a waterproof then buy an Alp X.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gore Cosmo Plus Jacket’ is closed to new replies.