Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gore Alp-X SO Jacket- What's the sizing like?
  • theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Want to order one of these for commuting duties, looking at the size chart I should take a large (34″ waist, 38″ chest, 5’11” height) and it’s described as a slim fit.. but I’m worried it’ll be too baggy- what’s the consensus on how these fit?

Also, are they any good?

zbonty

I got a nice pricey gore jacket last year. Quite heavy duty. I am same chest/slightly taller. I got a large but only because i wanted ample room for fleece/base layer on cold commutes etc. Still a tad baggy with a few layers but not much. Others like Endura etc i found big and billowy at the front which i hated.
    Medium would probably be the one depending on how much you’re going to stuff in it?

*i don’t know the jacket your looking at though.

gren
    Free Member

Not the Alp-X but I have a Gore Phantom in medium and I’m more or less the same build as you. 34 waist, 33 chest but a little shorter.

Fits nicely with a thinnish layer or two underneath.

DT78
    Free Member

Well, same waist and a 42 chest and I,ve just ordered a large, according to the size chart I was borderline xl, normally a large in endura, though can get away with medium.

messiah
    Free Member

I’m about that size and my Medium is tight with one or two thin layers underneath. At first I was worried that the Med was too small and that I’d made a large mistake… but importantly for me the arms and back are the right length and because it’s “fitted” it doesn’t billow about.

Awesome jacket by the way 8)

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Hurmm, ok- sounds like the medium might be better. I’ve ordered the large though 😳

I’ll see what it’s like when it turns up, I guess I can always exchange it.

Does look like a good jacket, initially I was on the look out for a fully waterproof jacket for cycling but this looked great and i’ve had bad experiences before with ‘breathable’ jackets that left me swimming in sweat.

superfli
    Free Member

Just to throw a spanner in, I have an Alp-X and got a large, which fits just right. Yet I am 5’8″ and 30-32″ waist, 38″ chest….I reckoned the medium would be too small for me after trying a friends large.
    Most other kit I am medium.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Jacket hasnt arrived yet, although I did also order the Alp-X Thermo jersey from somewhere else and thats just turned up.

Large fits perfectly woop! Hopefully the fit on the jacket will be similar. Seems like a quality piece of kit, time will tell but it should be getting plenty of use 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gore Alp-X SO Jacket- What's the sizing like?’ is closed to new replies.