Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gordo logic….
  • andywhit
    Free Member

Making a fresh attempt to close down the row, Mr Brown said: “I take full responsibility for what happened. That’s why the person who was responsible went immediately.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8002085.stm

Love it.

Stoner
    Free Member

I was going to post the exact same quote. But I reckoned Id get flamed for it 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Stoner
    Free Member

gone 8pm, I thought the next reply would be from Gus not you captain 🙂

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Why, what you want me to say stoner ? 😕

OK, “Gordon Brown said something which sounds a little bit silly” HTH

It’s not a story which I’ve really bothered following – a lot of fuss about nothing much, imo.

I don’t believe for a minute that there was a serious attempt to falsely smear the Tories, it just simply wouldn’t have been worth it. The source would without doubt have been eventually discovered, the consequences of libel/slander are extremely serious, and all for what ? Very very little advantage, if any. One of the alleged would-be victims is a completely irrelevant back-bencher ffs.

It is a tradition to claim that those whom we politically disagree with are thick and unintelligent, in reality this is rarely the case. Those who work in Downing Street might well be sometimes childish and stupid, and very often wrong, but they’re not thick.

Obviously the Tories are going to milk this story for all it’s worth, you would hardly expect them to do otherwise. But I’m far more interested in whether the measures which Gordon Brown has taken to reduce the effects of the global recession, are proving helpful. Him making silly blunders by the wrong choice of words might well be very amusing, but it hardly warrants a deep analysis and discussion imo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gordo logic….’ is closed to new replies.