Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GoPro/Windows Movie Maker users
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Which programme are you using to convert from mp4 to avi or whatever extension movie maker needs.

Tried one called anyvideo last night but I might as well have compiled my own animation the outputted video was so poor.

Milkie
    Free Member

I use Handbrake for encoding video files. Should work for the GoPro too. 😉

billysugger
    Free Member

Cheers Milkie. I’ll give it a go. There’s so many out there. Just not many that output in high quality.

_tom_
    Free Member

If handbrake is no good then try MPEG Streamclip, great bit of free software. You have to have quicktime installed for it to work though.

Northwind

Are you on XP? WMM for Vista onwards is supposed to be able to handle the raw output.

I got tired of mucking about with transcoding etc so I just bought Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10, which isn’t all that expensive (£30) and seems a worthwhile investment to get good footage out of a £300 camera.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I use Prism in free demo mode at work, works just fine on D7000 and Go Pro.

billysugger
    Free Member

Northwind I’ve formatted my old (very expensive 8 years ago) laptop in the hope of just basic video editing for now until I can afford to build something that sings and dances.

With a fresh (XP) install 720 vid plays smooth with QuickTime.

I wanted basic editing capability which I don’t see why it wont if my old pile of chips will play the raw footage smoothly.

Downloaded handbrake and got a message about an out of date .net framework so updated that and got another error message so tried MPEG streamclip which seems dead easy to use. Started a 10 minute 720 video converting from mp4 to avi at 1430 today for it still not to be done at 1800. Microsoft ‘kin updates might have something to do with that though. It’s done about 120 today.

By the way Northwind knockhill was wetter than that when I stood in that spot :mrgreen:

EDIT – I downloaded a trial of Vegas 10 but it won’t play any where near as smoothly as I need it to.

Northwind

Mmm, Vegas is fairly system intensive… But, worth checking, what version were you demoing? Anything below HD Platinum judders hopelessly when it tries to preview unless you’ve got a monster of a PC.

Think that’s the driest day I ever rode at Knochhill :mrgreen:

billysugger
    Free Member

I’ll download the version of Vegas pro HD trial again to my slightly less clogged up ol’ laptop and give it one last chance.

Just need to save a bit more for a graphics card and get a proper system built…then bin it when it’s obselete in a few years 👿

Northwind

Mine seems to be all ram and processor, graphics card isn’t that involved… I’ve no experience of Pro but it looks like major bells and whistles, Platinum might be less demanding? That’s a guess mind.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GoPro/Windows Movie Maker users’ is closed to new replies.