• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by rs.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GoPro virgin – hints and tips
  • muddodger
    Free Member

Evening
    Bought son a GoPro 3 for 4×4 activities for his birthday, just wondering if anyone has any handy tips for getting good results when using these.
    We will be using it properly for the first time at the weekend on a pay and play site so plenty to record!
    (already have suction mount)

Nick

Record from as many different angles as possible and edit together the footage.

With one camera this means staging stuff and riding/driving things more than once, but the results are worth it.

Duane…
    Free Member

Do you have wifi connectivity? Get the app and use it to check angles etc.

Try and reduce vibrations, I imagine a suction mount on the side of a 4×4 is going to be pretty shaky!

Download cineform and have a play with that.

plumber
    Free Member

Make sure you have a card in it and the battery charged

This is what I fail on most of the time

muddodger
    Free Member

Nick – Already had experience ‘staging stuff’ so should be ok on that score.

Duane – We fastened it to the bonnet last night and took it down our lane, bit of off road at the end and was surprisingly vibration free. Inside was even better, just trying to find the setting to take the fish eye effect off as it takes a bit of getting used to,
    Yes got WiFi, what app?

muddodger
    Free Member

Card – check
    Battery – check!
    batteries are the bain of my life 🙁 am I correct in thinking you can use the GoPro whilst it’s charging?

rs
    Free Member

get the gopro app, you can reduce fisheye by using the narrow fields of view but then you loose some field of view obviously…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GoPro virgin – hints and tips’ is closed to new replies.